Four

I was afraid to step into the bus door, but I did. Jeremy glared at me for a second, then looked away while putting his headphones on. I lost it. I began to bawl my eyes out. He looked over at me, not hearing the crying and jumped up. He ripped off his headphones and sat next to me. "Alaina what happened?", he said nervously. I tried to calm down so I could speak. "You have to believe me Jeremy, I never said that about you" I said and began to calm down. "That kid Zach is my ex boyfriend from a few months ago, and he does whatever he can to start drama, I promise you". He put his head on my shoulder, his face blank. "I believe you, Laina Llama".  We sat in silence the rest of the bus ride. His presence made me feel so safe and warm. He was such a great guy.

Once we arrived at school, Zach had a crowd of people, and they all blocked Jeremy and I from walking through the hall. "Well, well, if it isn't the girl who cusses at people for saying the truth of how she talks shit about her quote un-quote.. friend..", his voice said as it vanished by the entire sophomore class laughing. "That's not true, Zach.. you know that's not true..", I said with pride. Jeremy stepped up, gently pushing me out of the way. "Alaina is the best fucking friend anyone could ever have, and I think I know a hell of a lot more about her than a man hoe like you ever did", he said. I began to tear up.

He was so sweet.

You could tell by the look on Zach's face that he was pissed. He stepped up around a foot away from Jeremy, and Jeremy's face was so straight and mean. "You're going to regret saying that, asshole", Zach said. The sophomores began to chant, "fight, fight, fight", as they moved the fight outside.

"I really hope you know, I didn't grow up with a daddy that got me everything I wa-", Jeremy said getting interrupted by Zach's fist punching the right side of his jaw. Jeremy laughed, not even flinching.

His strength.. it was unreal.

Jeremy threw his right arm straight to his head, knocking Zach down. He chuckled at the sight of him wiping the blood from his lip. The fight lasted all day, to the point where Zach must of had at least 3 broken bones, while Jeremy only had a few bruises. The rest of the sophomores went back to class, while Jeremy and Zach didn't even sign into school that day. I sneaked in and out of class to see the fight, when I saw him.

My step father. Running up to me after seeing Jeremy punch Zach.

My father liked Zach, he was proper, and respectful to him.. just not with me. "What the fuck, Alaina?", he said yelling. The boys stopped fighting. Jeremy looked nervous, and Zach had a smart ass like smirk on his face. "This crosses the line..", he hollered. He ran up to Jeremy, pushed him to the ground and said, "STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER". Tears formed in Jeremy's eyes. "I CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM HER.. I LOVE HER.", Jeremy said breaking down. Rob grabbed my arm, and dragged me to the car.

I was speechless.