Two

||2:25//the final bell rings, the children are dismissed.||

I quickly ran to meet Julia. "Julia, what if it's actually the hill from the dream?", I asked anxiously. "Then maybe this is destiny", she laughed.

How could she think this was a joke? Am I losing my mind?

I decided to ignore her sarcastic, supposed to be useful, advisable comment. We continued to walk back to my place, as Jeremy said he would meet us there. I received another text.

Jeremy: I'm at your place, what's taking so long?
Alaina: Me and Julia don't have our bikes, smartass. 😂
Jeremy: lmaooo i forgot 😂

||2o minutes later||
We saw Jeremy, as he flashed his beautiful smile and called out for us. We scattered to the garage and got our two large bikes. They were pastel, and it looked like they were brand new even though they were both 4 years old. Jeremy's bike was rusted, small, and didn't even have any breaks or kickstand. I felt so bad. "Keep in mind, this forest is out of town, have you guys ever been to Mystic Park?", he questioned. Julia and I shook our heads, and were curious of what it looked like. We rode, and rode, and rode until I saw a familiar car pull over, and roll the tinted windows down.

My stepdad, who already wasn't fond of the boy known to be held back.

"Hey, Rob", I tried to say keeping my cool. I saw his eyes go directly to his backpack. He glared at the knife. He slowly turned his head another 30 some degrees and glared into Jeremy's innocent eyes. Julia leaned over to my bike. "It looks like they're about to tackle and kill each other", she whispered, laughing subtlety. This awkward death-stare lasted around 20 seconds. "Alaina Victoria Ross, who is this- young man", he questioned me. "My new friend, Jeremy Rodgers", I said gulping. He shook is head. "Mom.. she needs you to do some- stuff around the h-house, and you can surely help Julia", he said. I felt my blood pressure rise. "But dad-", I paused as he threw our bikes in the trunk. I gave Jeremy a desperate look, and got into the truck. As we drove, he just stared back at me, and I waved. My face was cold, blank almost. Julia even felt bad for Jeremy, even though she usually would just laugh. "Thanks a lot, dickhead", I said. I regretted that much. In that very moment, I felt a strong hand grab my wrist. He's in one of his moods now. The rest of the ride home included Julia speechless, as my obnoxious step dad hollered at me. "You're grounded", I heard him scream.

God damnit. Every time.

Julia was sent home. My phone was long gone, and I was ordered to clean the house. After hours of endless scrubbing, I had homework of course.

||2 hours later, 11:57 PM||

I finally finished my homework. All I wanted to do was talk to him. As I slowly drifted away into the darkness of night, I felt some strange texture hit my forehead. A paper airplane? I quickly opened it, and I guessed it came from my window.

The note read:
Tomorrow, I promise. Don't worry, getting to ride around with you was such a pleasure enough. Thanks for making me smile all today, and making me feel important. Xo, Jeremy Rodgers

Peering down from my window was Jeremy, smiling. I smiled back, and watched him sprint down the road, lightning fast.

Jeremy Rodgers. Is it bad to like someone after only knowing them for 12 hours?