The Morning After

Harry woke to an empty fireplace and  Dean Thomas poking his arm. "You awake, lad?" Dean chuckled. Harry sent Dean away and headed up the stairs to the boys room. Harry must've fallen asleep and Draco left. The night before was one of the best nights of Harry's in a long time. Clutching the paper and his wand, Harry walked over to his bed. He could still feel where Draco had held his hand, he never wanted to forget the feeling, he needed more. He then knew that he had surely fallen in love, and the feeling was great. He couldn't wait to see Draco. Harry rushed to get ready, but also made sure he looked good, for once he was looking forward to potions class. Just before he left, Harry awkwardly approached Ron who was still getting out of bed. "Uh...Ron, I might have to sit with Malfoy today during meals to work on a potions project." Still sleepy, Ron replied, "Bloody hell Harry, since when are you project partners with Draco?" "Some stupid switch Snape made," Harry tried to look as disappointed as he could.

Draco walked to the great hall that morning with a spring in his step, trying not to show his unusual joy. The night before was magical. Draco held Harry's hand as he fell asleep. Harry looks so peaceful when he sleeps. I can't wait another day for Hogsmeade, I just have to get Crabbe and Goyle off my tail, and be sure I might actually have a chance with Harry, which means spending as much time with him as I can today, Draco thought. As he sat down to a breakfast feast of pancakes, bacon, and quiche, Draco constantly scanned the hall for Harry. "What's up with you?" Goyle questioned. "What? Nothing! I'm perfectly normal, I ju-" then he spotted Harry walking through the Great Hall looking through the crowds, craning his neck to see. What's he looking for? Draco thought. And then he realized, could he be looking for me? I knew it! I knew he felt the same way as me! I knew I wasn't crazy! This year is going to be amazing! Harry then locked eyes with Draco, both of them grinning wide. Harry started walking towards Draco only to be stopped by Hermione who gave Harry a confused look, glanced at Draco who she gave a glare, and then back at Harry who told her something, which she nodded in reply to and walked to the Gryffindor table. Draco quickly ordered confused Crabbe and Goyle to finish their breakfast somewhere else, and kicked them out of the Great Hall. That was easy he thought. Harry took a seat beside Draco who's face lit up. "Hey Draco, thanks for helping me with my Hogsmeade form," Harry said.
"It's really no problem, I had an awesome time last night," replied Draco.
"Me too," answered Harry.
"An awesome time," repeated Draco.
They ate their breakfast and laughed about professor Flitwick's height, chatted about wizard chess and planned excitedly for Hogsmeade. Now Draco knew for a fact, they were going together.

Harry was filled with happiness to be in Draco's presence and dreaded the end of breakfast. "We definitely have to go to Zonko's joke shop and Honeydukes sweets!" Exclaimed Harry. "And definitely sneak off to the shrieking shack!" Suggested Draco excitingly. Breakfast ended and Draco and Harry parted after planning to sit next to each other in potions. Harry met up with his usual gang of friends and exited the great hall, heading to defense against the dark arts which they had with Hufflepuff. "Since when are you and Draco BFF's?" Ron asked Harry on the way, "We're not, it's just a potions project!" Insisted Harry. Ron and Hermione shared a look.

Hermione couldn't help notice that Harry was distracted in history. She followed his glance to whom she thought was Alison Smith, without knowing Harry was really staring off into space thinking about Draco. Hermione and Ron were truly clueless, Hermione did not understand Harry's strange behavior around Malfoy and in history class, so she came upon a conclusion on her own.
"Ron I've go it!" Hermione whispered.
"Got what? Give me something to work with here." Ron answered.
"I know why Harry's been acting so odd! He's staring at Alison Smith he must like her!" Hermione exclaimed.
"And that explains the Malfoy thing... how?" Asked Ron.
"Malfoy must be tricking Harry by saying he can help him with Alison, because Draco and her had that weird fling during our first year, but really he will be humiliating him!" Hermione finishes.
"Oh no, poor Harry!" Ron says in dismay. Ron and Hermione then planned to tell Harry before they boarded the train to Hogsmeade the next day.