The Forgery

Harry sat in the Gryffindor common room next to the warm fire that heated his bones. He sat with his legs folded against his chest in a cushioned arm chair with his folded up permission slip in one hand, and wand in the other. He was eager to begin the process. Draco wasn't supposed to arrive for another ten minutes, but Harry came early in excitement. Soon soft footsteps and the creak of the staircase above echoed throughout the room. Who can be awake now? No one can know I invited a Slytherin to the Gryffindor common room! Especially Draco of all people. "Harry?" It was just Hermione. "Is your scar hurting?" "Uh..no I'm fine, just enjoying the fire. You go back to bed now, don't want to be too tired for potions tomorrow, you know how Snape gets." Harry ushered Hermione up the stairs. "Goodnight, Harr-" But he was already back in his spot watching the entry. Harry had told Draco the password to the common room, so he was nervous Draco may not show and abuse the power of the password.

Draco tip toed throughout the halls, careful not to be caught by Filch or his wretched cat. He approached the painting of the fat lady Harry had described and muttered, "Fortuna Major." "How dare you wake me from my beauty sleep!" The fat lady pouted but moved aside to reveal a tunnel at which the end Draco could see Harry smiling back as he sat cozied up by the fire. Draco made his way through the tunnel and took a seat across from Harry, the crackle of the fire the only noise. The moment could go on forever, Harry clad in his golden and scarlet pajamas, legs folded against his chest, hair a beautiful mess, the fire roaring in his eyes, calling out to Draco. Finally Harry broke the silence reluctantly, "Shall we get started?"

Harry didn't want that moment to end, he finally realized what he had been missing out on those past two years. His mind flashes back to when Draco offered his hand their very first day at Hogwarts. Draco's blindingly blond hair illuminated in the light of the fire, the corners of his mouth rising involuntarily, his eyes transfixed on Harry. Both of them shared that moment, completely understanding each other and taking in each others wondrous presence. "I've found the spell that will suit us, and another one to hide what we've done," Draco explains. Harry and Draco lay out the paper pressing on the creases from the folds to flatten it out. Their hands brushed by one another and neither of them did anything to stop it, Harry felt a flutter in his stomach, Draco's hand was so smooth, and warm. When they finished with the paper both of them looked up, at each other, eyes interlocking just one second more than necessary. One second that meant the world to Draco.

"Alright," said Harry, "Do you're thing." Draco couldn't help but smile at that. He pulled out his wand and confidently whispered the spell, a blot of ink appeared on the parchment. Draco noted the hint of confusion on Harry's face, "just wait for it," he reassured. The blot of ink travelled across the page leaving no mark behind, and danced across the signature line to form a scribble, that faintly read, 'Dursley.' "Amazing!" Replied Harry. "Would you like me to show you the next spell?" Draco offered. Harry nodded in reply. Draco got up from his seat and got down on his knees beside Harry, gently reaching out for his hand. Draco delicately clasped Harry's hand and wand moving them in the motion for practice. Their hands danced a melody that only they could hear. Draco did not want to let go. Soon enough a bright light shone across the page, and then faded away, signifying the spell was a success.