Destroy the hope

Idea credit to: IamSage88 thank you so much!

------

It was a known fact to Anxiety that the other sides didn't like him, he never stopped thinking about it. Something about being loathed and at certain moments feared really did something to a person. However somewhere deep inside him there was a small amount of hope. The hope was unexplainable but it was always there, no matter what happened. The hope in Anxiety's life was both relieving and menacing, it drove him insane yet it was the only thing that kept him living and sane.

Each day that hope got smaller and smaller due to the way he was treated, meaning he was slowly loosing his will to live, each day he got closer to suicide.

'It will be better for everyone'

'You're useless anyway'

'They hate you, why do you keep lying to yourself?'

Thoughts that plagued him all day everyday. Everyday was an eternity of pain and suffering for Anxiety both mentally and physically. All comments he received would be taken in and over analysed later or as soon as recived; it varied. Every small thing said effected his well being. Though one thought always got him through his dark days.

'You're anxiety, you're just jumping to conclusions'

Anxiety usually just kept quiet and pretended that he didn't care what the others thought about him; he couldn't show the others what he truly felt. What would they do if they knew?

'They'll hurt me'

'They'll mock me'

Then one day, his fuse burnt up. Anxiety decided it was time for him to act on his depressing thoughts and finally come to a conclusion. Hoping to in the process kill that small amount of hope he had left so that he could finally just kill himself and become free of his eternal pain.

Quickly, Anxiety threw back his duvet and jumped up off his bed before running into the main room where all the other sides were.

"I have an important question." Anxiety said quietly looking down at his feet. He shuffled nervously in the gaze of the others. His 'friends'. His 'family'. Hi 'counterparts'.

"What is it Anxiety?" Login questioned with his usual tone, he shuffled slightly so he looked more attentive.

Anxiety took a deep breath bracing himself for the answers to his question.

"What do you hate about me?" He held his breath expecting a shower of hateful comments.

When there was no replies he tore his gaze away from his feet and looked up at the others, each of them had a different look on their face as each of them was thinking differently of the situation.

Anxiety studied each expression then dropped to his knees.

"Please! Just say something!" He shouted gripping his hair and tugging on it slightly.

The others were dumbstruck, they had no idea what to say or how to deal with what was happening.

"Please be honest I just want to end it all now!" Anxiety almost screamed tears streaming down his face as he rocked back and forth on his knees mentally and vocally willing his lifelines to reply.

"Alright," it was Roman that spoke. "I hate how much you hate yourself." He said standing then moving over to Anxiety.

Anxiety's head snapped up and he met Roman's gaze, a terrifying thing to do. Roman smiled warmly then sank down to Anxiety's level and held out his arms.

"Come here." He said simply.

Anxiety gladly obliged, he dropped into Roman's embrace and sobbed into his shoulder; Roman simply held the smaller side in his arms and shushed him gently hoping for him to soon stop crying.

"You're safe." He whispered