Chapter 4: Puzzle Time

YN's POV

Your back was slumped against the shop wall and the flow of tears had already began. They were no longer tears of mourning, but of frustration at this point. Gripping and nearly crumbling the paper into a ball, you threw it across the room with a loud, choked sob.

Pull yourself together, ( Y/N ).
You're doing this for him. You stood up and walked to grab the paper. Deep breaths. In four.... Out four....

You pushed your bangs out of your face and tucked them behind your ears and wiped away the tears off of your cheeks, fixing the battered paper enough to make out the foreign lettering once more. You peeked out of the window again, observing the scrambling taxis again out on the street before exiting hastily.

It had began to drizzle, the sky painted softly with blue-gray.
Wonderful, you thought to yourself, dejected. Might as well just stay in here until it stops.

You never enjoyed being alone with your own thoughts, but it seemed as if that was the only option at this point that was to be considered realistically. You missed him of course and this made a frown curl on your lips. Tilting your head down to look at the paper again, scanning it relentlessly and searching from something of use.

"Tord er ikke død. Tom blir snart hvis du ikke dekoder fort nok, kjære. Finn oss eller annet. Her er et hint: 6377"

The number was the only thing you could understand besides names and you recognized the phrase "død" as dead or death from your time at the base. You knawed on your lip anxiously. There was also the word hint directly before the colon and numbers. Maybe the numbers were a hint? Or did hint mean something different?

The only thing you knew for certain in this whole thing was how utterly frustration foreign languages were to translate. Your eyes would occasionally wander away from the paper or to the eye-bleeding red symbol at the top as if looking for answers elsewhere.

You set your mind to focus after awhile on the numbers, which was the only understandable piece of information you could use. It could be how miles away from your apartment the nearest base is.. but in what direction? Did you have to find that out in another notice? You kicked yourself for not grabbing all of the loose papers on the cab's floor while you had the chance.

Maybe this isn't the information piece they wanted you to find first. Maybe this is a code for something you need later, like getting into the base later on when you piece this whole thing together in the end. Maybe this is some kind of trick information that isn't meant to be helpful at all...-

Your head swarmed with possibility and that's when you drilled the numbers into your head.

6377

6377

6377

6377

Then you pocketed the paper for later use in your bag. Stop overthinking this. If they didn't want you to have this first, they wouldn't of put it in such a place. It had to be something to set you off on your journey, something easy to start you off and make you determined.

And that's when it came to you.

An address.

Yes! An address!

The beginning digit of this city was 6, that must not be a coincidence. You remember the letter with the address to your apartment. You exited the store, almost instantly feeling the adrenaline fill your blood and quicken your pulse which you desperately tried to restrain as you yelled for a taxi again.

Stopping yourself, you calmed down. This is what they want you to do. Be hopeful of something that might be false. Be collected, (Y/N).

You waved for a cab, crossing your fingers that you wouldn't hail the same man from earlier. You saw a female figure in the driver's seat that pulled to the curb this time and relief flooded your amped up body as you entered the back seat and she drove off.

"Where you headed, doll? ",
Spoke a sweet but raspy voice. The driver was a middle-aged​ woman with a blonde bob and shrouded eyes. Speaking of eyes, yours darted to the floor mats. No papers. You sighed calmly.

"6377, wherever that may be."

An.

Sorry this is short! This book will be more action oriented than my last one but it'll have a romantic subplot of course. (: Love y'all always 💕

-Boot