eight

"Get up!"

"Okay, okay! I'm up," I say, pushing Pansy off my bed.

We get dressed and head to the Great Hall. Blaise and Theo were waiting for us, no sign of Draco.

"Did you hear?" Blaise asks. "They're announcing the champions tomorrow night!"

"Yay," I respond.

Pansy hits me lightly on the shoulder, "Come on, it's the start of the Triwizard Tournament! Be a little excited."

"We're not even legible to enter. I mean yeah I want Hogwarts to win, but I literally know no one."

"You know Cedric," Theo adds. I roll my eyes and slap his hand.

"Who knows Cedric?" Draco asks, sliding in next to me. No one answers.

"Well Diggory is just a Hufflepuff. We're screwed if he's chosen," Draco says with a smirk. Theo laughs.

I glare at Draco. "He's a good person! What's he ever do to you?"

He glares back. "Nothing. I'm just saying we can't have a Hufflepuff as a champion. We need a Slytherin, or we have no chance."

"What, so we need a pureblood as a champion?" I say, my voice raising slightly.

"Well, yes. That would help greatly," Draco protests, getting louder as well.

"Guys, people are looking at us," Blaise says quietly. I look around and a few people had stopped eating and were watching us. I clear my throat and stare at my plate.

Through the rest of breakfast, no one said a word. Blaise tried to make small talk, and Theo tried to lighten the mood with jokes, but Draco and I just glared at our own plates.

I hate how Slytherins think pure bloods are above muggle borns and half bloods. That's like saying whites are better than blacks, and males are better than females. It was just wrong.

Sometimes I wish I was a Gryffindor. It would save me from the glares of every other student, and maybe it would be simpler there. But I never had things easy, and maybe there was a reason for it.

"I'm going to Divination," I say and walk out of the Great Hall. Slytherins have it with Gryffindors today.

Harry spots me from across the hall and I meet up with him and Ron.

"Where's the rest of the Snakes?" Ron asks. "Eating," I answer shortly. He nods but narrows his eyes like he knows I didn't say the whole truth. Oh well.

"I wonder what kind of ways you'll die today, Harry," I joke.

"Maybe I'll be killed by someone unexpectedly," he says with a smirk.

"Or maybe someone sends an assassin after you," I say.

"I think the stars will let us know when it's time," Ron says. We laugh and climb up the ladder to her classroom.

"Can I sit by you guys today?" I ask.

"Yeah," Harry says.

We sit down at a table. There was a crystal ball on top of it, and tea leaves. We take out our textbooks and put away our wands, definitely won't be needing those.

"What's today? Leaf reading? Palm reading? Textbook reading?" I ask.

"Today class, we will consider the stars!" Professor Trelawney says in her light, delirious voice.