three.

Myah.

The world is pain.

The only sentence on of the first page in the journal I stole that sits on my lap. stared confused and dazed in the car as we continued speeding into the streets of the night, the darkness swallowing us.

"You think that guy saw us?" Pug asks for the 10th time the past 30 minutes.

Miguel glances at Pug, my eyes watching, "will you shut up Pug? No one can touch us if they even did."

"You think so?" Pug's voice relaxes.

"Sure," Miguel glances back at me in the backseat. "We have Myah, you know she's highly respected."

Pug grumbles something under his breath, and stays quiet for the rest of the ride. I set aside the journal until we arrive to the ancient brick homes of Brooklyn. We stop at I and Miguel's place, taking careful looks around before rushing into the house. We collapse our bags down and we all sit on the floor, almost like children about to open Christmas presents.

"Some what do we have today?" I take a look around at our small circle.

Pug grunts and empties his bag, "I only found cables, some would maybe have copper?" He throws the cables in front of me, "my area had nothing."

"Can I share mine?" Miguel holds his bag up.

I nod, "I hope you can do better than copper wires."

"Oh, Myah, mami, you should see what I found," Miguel dumps his bag and out pours a familiar looking mossy like clumps.

My eyes widen and I crawl towards the pile in front of us, Pug gasping behind us, "Miguel, you've got to be kidding me!" I laughed and gently picked up handfuls of it.

"Fucks sake Miguel," Pug barely utters the words.

"So what do you think?" Miguel smiles at me. "Enough for the month?"

"This could be for several months," I exclaimed, my eyes still wide. "I can finally help my mom catch up on her payments!"

"You two are idiots!" Pug suddenly shouts. Miguel and I both look at Pug who's face is red and sweaty. "Do you realize what we just got ourselves into?"

Miguel looks at Pug, amused, "No, but can you explain?"

"We just got into territory that we should have not entered. With this much weed, this can only mean that this guy that we robbed from is a respected dealer," Pug changes his tone to completely monotone, his eyes drawn to the pile in front of us.

"Pug," I calmly say."You do realize that this guy most likely doesn't know it was us?"

"We don't know that," Pug's voice lowering.

"No, but we also don't know if he saw us anyway. I won't let anything happen to us," I feel myself getting a little more irritated, especially in my tone.

"You don't know who we're dealing with Myah," Pug, now barely audible.

Miguel stands up and brushes the dust off his pants, "No Pug, but this is Myah we have, she doesn't lie. All we have to do is make sure everyone stays loyal if this guy does go asking around."

Pug hesitates but nods.

Miguel takes off his leather jacket, revealing his gun tucked in the waistband of his jeans, "remember that Pug."

I was the next one to stand up and I look between the two men in front of me, "Pug you can go. You can come back tomorrow night to get your share of tonight's earnings."

Pug was on his feet within seconds, and left the house without uttering another word. I looked back at Miguel and down the pile. Miguel doesn't need my orders as he begins to pick up the pile and putting it in safe keeps back into his duffle bag.

"So, where should I sell all this?" He asks.

"I know you have resources, just get rid of it, we only need the money," I explain. He nods, picking up the rest. I don't need to say anything more as I just walk off and into the rooms that we have here. I was glad to live with Miguel, his parents who are rich, pretty much paying for this place for us. They always questioned why Miguel chose to live here since he can basically live in Manhattan he wanted, his excuse being that we were a couple and I wanted to stay close to my family. That was all bullshit since Miguel and I aren't dating more like siblings if anything, and he's gay.

I went into my room, poorly decorated with old wooden furniture and clothes scattered around me. I carefully set my bag down on the now lumpy mattress, and I taking a seat next to it. I opened the bag to see the rings, jewelry, ad everything that I found. I move everything aside and picked up the tattered the journal and I opened to the second page. Words inked out, the boy only ever listened to other voice. My eyes then traveling to the third page, sometimes the devil is beautiful. I furrowed my brows and set the book down, getting frustrated. Who the hell ever writes one sentence on on blank page? And what kind of dumb deep shit is this? I shove the fact that I was so obsessed with something so stupid and I take off my clothes only leaving me in my underwear and bra. I slumped down in my bed and my eyes peering up at the ceiling, my mind drifting to the thoughts of my mother, thanking dios santo [god] for giving me the chance to help her. The thing was, I also felt he had something else planned for me.

Next morning.

I walked down the streets that I walked less than 24 hours ago.

Today, while Miguel took care of what we got last night, I went job hunting again. Miguel didn't really get why I wanted another job while I was good at what I do, but it was hard to support a family and support myself, and not every night isn't always a successful like last night. I help my mom while she raised my 4 younger siblings in a two-room apartment. I would have had her live with me but Miguel's parents forbade Miguel for letting anyone else live with him, I think they just want us to give them grandchildren, which they'll be disappointed when their ignorance is met with the truth.

Anyway, my eyes trailed up to a familiar building as I walked inside. I walked right up to the blonde girl, who's back us turned to me. I tapped her shoulder and her eyes widen and she gives me a smile.

"Hey, are you guys hiring?" I ask, confidence sparked within me.

She crosses her arms, "I knew you would be back. Lucky for you, we are hiring."

Like I said, dios santo had other plans for me.

***

Thanks for reading!

Since I'll be out of school in a matter of a week, I will update frequent.

My updating schedule;

Saturday's or Sunday's- The City That Never Sleeps updates
Friday's- King's Paradise (h.s) updates
Wednesday's- Bed Of Roses (l.h) updates [when I publish it soon]

Well I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please vote and comment.

Love you all,
-E.x