41: Senses in Check

Beginne am Anfang

The doorbell rang again and I realised that I had just been standing behind the door for five minutes in a contemplation of my thoughts. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Brandon was standing there, smiling with his dimples on full display. I opened my mouth to say something but felt a slight shove. Both my brothers had appeared in front of me.

This could go two ways: Jace could be the clueless idiot he is and hop in the car because he thinks we're all doing something together as friends or he could give the infamous death stare he's given to my only two dates which makes him look like a cat in dire need of some toilet time. He was going with the cat today.

"So where exactly is it that you two are going tonight?"

"Out. Bye Justin, bye Jace," I said quickly and grabbed Brandon's arm to save ourselves from the inevitable torture that we would endure by staying.

"Not so fast," Justin's voice came.

"Let's ditch the car, getting in it is only going slow us down. Make a run for it on the count of three," I whisper-yelled to Brandon.

He gave me another dimpled smile and spun me around at the same time he did. And now we were facing my two brothers. Lovely.

"Brandon, if I check your pockets, I will not find anything that I don't want to find, will I?"

Crap.

"I'm not exactly sure what you're implying."

He knew exactly what Justin was implying.

"I'm implying that if Kate comes back through that door branding herself a full-fledged woman because of what went down with you two-"

"Justin!"

"-I will make sure that you are castrated in the most painful way possible."

"Oh my god," I groaned.

Brandon chuckled. Yes, he chuckled. At a moment where my brother looked like he was going to jump on him and make a bouncy castle out of him, he was chuckling. I just hope his level of retardedness isn't contagious.

"I assure you, what will go down tonight will be very different than that."

"It better be Owens because you know what will happen-"

"OKAY," I said interjecting another threat. "How about we leave before Jace starts looking like he's going to crack open his skull." He was really getting better at his imitation of a constipated cat.

And with that, I pushed Brandon to his seat in the car and quickly jumped in mine but not before hearing Justin say, "I will be calling you every hour and she better be home by 10:30!"

A sigh poured over my lips as we left the street from my house.

"That was...interesting."

"Well, that's one way to put it. Another way to put it would be your tombstone."

Brandon smiled, dimples and all again.

"Anything for you."

"I would love to hear you say that when your ball-less. Okay, so where are we going? And if you say 'surprise' I will smack you. I can't handle anymore cliche."

"There's no one place that we're going. We're going to a bunch of different places." He said smugly.

"This better be worth it because I'm missing cookie dough ice cream and an episode of Jace yelling at the fish in our neighbour's house in an old lady voice."

Brandon quirked an eyebrow up.

"Oh yeah, he gets really into it, he even wears a wig for it," I said nonchalantly.

A normal day for the Vixer household.

After that day when the men found me in the park and tried to kidnap me, I stopped going out. I never went to play outside with my friends, never went to the movies, never went to eat out. Even as I got older. It was school and back for me. Uncle Ricky's house was the only place safe. Robbers and fans would try to break in but were always unsuccessful due to the tight-knit security. But for all that time in California, I never felt like I was missing out on something. I never felt lonely because I always had Jace. He knew everything that went on in my mind, every feeling and emotion that I battled, he knew about.

And the safety and security I felt with Brandon was the same. Brandon could easily distinguish my every feeling. He knew when I was mad or when I was tired or even when I had a headache. And he knew all this because he cared. He cared to find out and understand. He cared a lot.

I just hope that he can let go. Because, one day, he will have to let go.

Of me.

Of everything, we could ever have.

Vote

Fan

Comment

Share

Smile