Chapter fourty one

Start from the beginning

Ava huffed at the introduction of Mikael. If there was one person she hated most in the world. It was him.

"Sorry. I'd love to help, but I'm busy mourning another dead boyfriend." Davina spat in his face, protectively standing in front of the tombstone with Kols name etched onto it.

"Do you think you're the only one who grieves my brother? I understand you hope to bring Kol back. Resurrection spells can be very tricky. They tend to require a remnant from the dearly departed. I, myself, am the guardian of Kol's remains, the ashes of his true body. Now, I might be inclined to entrust them to you, were myself feeling helpful." Klaus lectured the girl into acceptance, smugly thriving in the agreeing look subtly plastered on the witches face.

"Fine I'll find Mikael for you, and you'll give me Kols ashes, deal?" Davinas tone was firm but the others didn't need to be told that the teen still squirmed under the wrath of Niklaus mikaelson.

"Come along Avangaline, you've got a potion to drink." Klaus informed the blonde as he took her hand to guide her through the maze.

Ava furrowed her eyebrows as she tore her hand from his grasp, standing her ground as klaus gave her a pointed look.

"I know. Rebekah called me." She noted, her voice void. It took him a moment to dwell on her words.

He wouldn't have assumed the two to converse so much they exchanged numbers, and he was shocked Ava would still be upset after his small act of betrayal.
He did do it for her safety after all.

The pair travelled to the compound with little conversation, Ava shifting uncomfortably at his constant glances. Ava was greeted by Rebekah at the threshold, guided into the dining room where a small cup of bizarre smelling liquid was placed.

Rebekah laughed as Ava cringed at the taste, muttering profanities as the taste lingered at the back of her throat.

"That tastes worse than vodka." Ava grimaced as her new friend chuckled, the mikaelsons gaze glinting mischievously.

"Welcome to the mikaelsons, Ave, its full of horrid concoctions and backstabbing but loving wankers." Rebekah laughed, pouring  the pair a drink. Ava sighed as she was handed a new drink, her eyebrow raised to her new friend.

"You talking about klaus? whose most likely lingering outside those doors." Ava asked, already knowing the answer as Rebekah glanced between the door and the girl with a smirk.

"He may have the worst table etiquette, and by far the worst at making decisions. But he does try to do the right thing, and he wouldn't shut up about it last night." She groaned with a smile, hearing the muttering of a Neanderthal before the door creaked ajar.

"I don't believe im that bad at the dinner parties bekah." A new voice chimed in as he waltzed into the dining room.

"Oh you're like a rabid animal nik, but I guess that's what you are." She retorted slyly before speeding out of the room. Klaus arched his eyebrow as an amused grin spread across his lips.

"Well at least another one of your relatives can't control my mind." Ava nodded, grabbing her bag as the silence thickened.

"Ava, love, please can we stop this incessant quarrelling. Its childish and immature." The hybrid groaned, as he caught her wrist. Ava's eyes were wide and doe like, their colour as cold as crystal.

"You don't get it do you?" She chided, sliding his grip off of her as she backed away.

"No I don't. So please avangaline, enlighten me on why you don't take vervain!" Klaus roared like the animal he considered himself to be. His eyes flickering between a pooling blue and a hybrid gold.

"Because I trusted you nik! As idiotic as it sounds, I still trust you. But you continually do things that defy any and all of my morals. Yesterday was meant to be the day we could start fresh. And you betrayed me." Ava yelled with tears in her eyes, the pain and anger washing over her features like a hurricane.

"It's what I do Ava. You should know that by now." Klaus spat as he neared the girl. Eyebrow cocked and lips snarling.

"Well I obviously don't! I do know that you like to push people away, that you think you should be alone for the rest of your life. I do know that you mutilate every shrivel of happiness you get because you think no one can love a monster! Well I do, nik! So stop trying to push me away from you." Ava snapped, her voice raising so loud she expected the entire family to be listening.

"Niklaus mikaelson, if you had stopped pretending you were alone for one moment. You would have realised that I fell in love with you the moment we stepped foot in that forest." Her voice had quietened down, attempting to seclude their conversation once more- even though she felt she could still hear the heavy breathing of Rebekah on the other side of the door.

"You wish to know why I did what I did yesterday?" Klaus finally spoke, the venom diminished from his tone the moment Ava began to shout.

"Every single day you spend with me, you put yourself in more danger. Second by second, minute by minute, another person finds out about you and will seek revenge on me. If I pushed you away avangaline, it is only for your own safety. I would let myself die before anyone touched a single golden strand on your head. I am not a man worth loving, if it means whom I love would die before me." As the words left his lips his voice began to raise several octaves.

Ava could see the veins in his neck pulse and could feel his anger pulsate within them.

"You don't get to choose who loves you, nik!" Ava shot back, her whole body exasperated from the argument.

"You may not choose who you love, avangaline. But you can choose how to love them." Klaus' voice was far more timid than out had ever been.

His tone was not viscous or sharp, but almost as if he was trying yet again to push the girl away. The two were at a stand off, both staring at each other with the intensity that was mixed with lustre and anger.

"I may love you Ava, but I could never risk the thought of me being your undoing." It was silent for a moment, after both had confessed their love for one another; the room had spread in tension.

Ava sighed as neither backed down, grabbing her bag once again- this time without any retorts.

"I am not as fragile as you think Niklaus. And trust me, only I will cause my undoing." And with her last words, avas expression fell stoic and she left the room.

Nudging past the girl casually draped by the doorway. Rebekah mikealson turned to her brother as the oconnell left sullenly.

"You bloody idiot, your paranoia may have just cost you the only woman ever known to love a monstrosity." She yelled as klaus' gaze lingered on the place Ava had disappeared.

"This is not beauty and the beast Rebekah. I will not get a happy ever after."

•••

57.8k!

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately, but as this is my most popular book I thought I'd add one in before I go out.

So thank you for everything you guys had done for me, and understanding I had exams and could not update frequently.

I will add shout outs on Sundays normal updates as I am extremely tired. If I forget remind me :)

But anyway thank you!

Please vote, comment, and add to those lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you,

Goodbye X

This and the next chapter are both dedicated to the people who gave love to this chapter through commenting:

@Oddball_hufflepuff
@booxola
@niklausxallen
@JosephineMurp
@Cat521
@b_my_batman
@dreamswill
@Madam_FeeFee
@Amser99
@joannwhittingham

And to the new comers that have enjoyed reading my work.

@Mikaelsons1864
@ev122345
@GhostloveWriter
@addie_lo
@MariaVelazquez