Chapter 1

As the clock struck midnight, the streets were bare and all you could hear was the sound of cars in the distance. It was the 29th August, almost the end of the long hot summer. On the 1st September all the 11-17 year old wizards will be going to Hogwarts – school of witchcraft and wizardry, first years will be coming to Hogwarts for the first time in their lives. But it won’t be a normal year for all the students.

The year before Harry Potter managed to kill the dark lord, Voldamort. Voldamort had killed Harry’s parents when he was one year-old, and Voldamort also wanted to kill Harry. During the battle for Hogwarts, Molly Weasley killed Bellatrix lestrange, one of Voldamort’s deatheaters. Bellatrix kill Sirius Black, Harry’s godfather when Harry was his fifth year and killed Fred, one of Molly’s sons, during the battle for Hogwarts.

The year before that Draco Malfoy found out that his father was planning an initiation ceremony so he could become one of Voldamort’s deatheaters, but Draco did not want to become one. His father was a deatheater.

On a Sunday afternoon that year Hermione was sitting by the lake in the grounds of Hogwarts before the Easter break, by herself, reading Hogwarts – A History. Draco walking down to the lake and, sit and do some homework in peace away from Pansy Parkinson his ex girlfriend. As he got closer to the lake, Draco saw her sitting alone, he was curios that she was alone. He looked behind him to make sure that none of the Slytherins don’t see him and walked over to Hermione and, asked if he could sit next to her and do his homework. Hermione looked up and saw Draco. She was surprised that he asked her. She raised her eyebrow and he smiled. But she said yes and he sat down beside her and did the homework. It got to about 3.00pm and Draco started talking to Hermione. Hermione put her book in her bag and carried on with the conversation with Draco. Hermione said it was fun and they should do it again, as it got darker, Hermione said she was going back to the castle and Draco said he wanted to ask her something. Hermione stopped and turned around to see Draco and he looked up at her and smiled, Draco asked her out. Hermione was speechless. She nodded her head up and down. Hermione smiled and Draco smiled back and gave her a big warm hug. They agreed that they will keep their love hidden and have not told anyone especially Harry and Ron, because they would never talk to Hermione ever again.

On an empty street on the outskirts of London, at a small two story house, fifth on the left hand side, Hermione Granger’s parents were sleeping. Hermione was quite a tall girl with long brown curly hair. She was a smart girl and the new Gryffindor head girl. She found out when harry had sent a letter saying that he was the new Gryffindor head boy and that she was the head girl.

Hermione lay in her bed, and heard a tapping noise at her window. She got up out of bed, and went over to the window and saw a brown eagle owl pecking on the window with a note in its claws. She opened the window and let the owl in. Hermione took the note and let the owl back out, she watched the owl fly away into the distance. Hermione took the note and sat on the bed, turned the lamp that sat on a table next to her bed and read:

Dear Hermione

Hope I am not bothering you at this time of the night.

I can’t believe that I am the Slytherin head boy, but Pansy is the head girl.

I have a surprise for you meet me in the woods at 1am tonight. Can you send a note to say if you can’t come, please.

Hope to see you.

Love Draco

She got up off the bed, walked quietly over and sat on the chair that was at a desk in the corner of the room and started to write back to Draco.

Dear Draco

It is fine I was awake anyway.

I am the Gryffindor head girl and harry is head boy, all the head boy and girls stay in one dorm, so we will be together.