Chapter Nine- Secrets

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" She asked, concern all over her face. It made me feel better to know she genuinely cared. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 4:00 am. I didn't want to burden her this early in the morning. I shook my head.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said, hoping she would let it go. She nodded and laid back down. I did the same and pulled her close to me. She slowly rubbed my tattooed arm, which calmed me down even more.

"Whatever nightmare you had, don't let it get to you. That's all it is, a nightmare. Just a figure of your imagination. None of it is true." She whispered. I looked at her.

"How did you know it was a nightmare?" I asked and I felt Cherish smile against my chest.

"Because you just told me." She responded and closed her eyes. I chuckled softly and kissed the top of her head, falling asleep once again.

***

Author's POV

Cherish and Randy started their day off with a run around Central Park. The entire roster was in New York for Monday Night Raw. They walked through the doors of the hotel to see Roman and Layla talking, and it looked like they were in a heated but quiet argument. Layla noticed them first and smirked, walking over to them. Roman stayed put, still reflecting on what Layla just told him.

"I'm pretty sure you know this, but I'll be in the triple threat match tonight to determine the number one contender, so you might as well hand me your title right now." Layla said confidently, making Cherish scoff.

"And why the hell would I do that?" Cherish asked, folding her arms.

"So you can save yourself from the beating I'm going to give you at Hell in a Cell. After I win tonight of course. I'm sure you don't want me to embarrass you in front of everyone." Layla said. Cherish rolled her eyes.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Layla. Win tonight and then we'll see who the better woman is in two weeks." Cherish said and walked away before Layla could respond. She didn't have time for Layla's failed attempt to throw her off her game. She was ready to face whichever woman won tonight, and of course she had the right person to keep her on track if she ever did get thrown off her game. Cherish and Randy showered together and decided to relax until it was time to head to the arena.

Roman's POV

It took everything in me not to walk over to Randy and choke him to death. I can't stand the mere sight of them two together. That should be me, not him. She fell in love with me first, not him. I didn't even get a chance to find out what Layla and Cherish were talking about because I was too busy thinking about all the ways I can somehow make Cherish see the real Randy. That and plus, Layla told me some news that could make things even worse, especially if Cherish found out. I saw the two walk away and Layla walk over to me.

"What'd you say to her?" I ask. She smirked.

"Nothing much, but I know I threw her off her game." I mentally rolled my eyes. I know for a fact Cherish wasn't phased.

"What's wrong? You're quiet." Layla wrapped her arms around my neck. I kept my hands to my side.

"Nothing Layla, I'm fine. I just want all this to be over." I muttered.

"I know, me too. But when I win at Hell in a Cell, and you win your rematch against Randy, we'll be WWE's new power couple, not them." She reassured. I totally forgot about my rematch. I've been so busy trying to win Cherish back, and stay away from Layla, I didn't even realize it was so soon. 

The sad part is, I wasn't even talking about Hell in a Cell. I was ready for this front Randy was putting on to be over. I know he's only being nice to Cherish because he wants sex. The minute he gets what he wants, he'll leave her, and I'l be right there to hold her when she comes crying to me. I slowly broke away from my thoughts to realize Layla was gone. I sighed and shrugged, walking away. God I miss Cherish.