Kenna looked back at the wilted leaves. "They were transplants," she explained. She cleared her throat then and lifted her chin. "Sometimes things don't do well when taken from everything they have ever known."

Frigga cocked her head as she regarded the small slave, Loki was indeed a poor influence. Though she could see why Loki would be amused with the girl's company. She was a clever little thing with a sharp tongue. She was also lovely, if a bit odd looking. While not traditionally beautiful as most Asgardians, if one could get past the ears and her odd eyes Kenna was indeed lovely for an elf. She could see why Loki enjoyed spending time with her. She was pleased her son had finally found a servant in the palace he felt he could trust. She, Thor and Odin all had trusted personal servants, only Loki seemed to prefer solitude. She hoped one day her son would find someone he could confide in. He spent far too much time alone.

"And yet other transplants seem to have spread their roots and flourished...even grew beyond their initial planting..." Frigga said thoughtfully as she reached out and ran her fingers over the delicate flowers of a thorsom plant which grew along the path.

Kenna looked away from the queen, uncertain what to say. Could the queen possibly know she had disobeyed the rules, handled books of magic, and been in an area of the palace she was not supposed to be in? By all accounts the queen was well within her power to punish her. She dropped her shoulders, tucking her chin to her chest, hoping the queen would forgo the traditional punishment.

Frigga looked back at the elf. She was staring at the ground and hadn't moved. Kenna seemed almost frightened suddenly and she didn't know what had changed. She couldn't imagine Loki enjoying the company of such a mercurial, submissive little thing. So the submission was more than likely an act. Frigga made note of that. While it might serve her purposes tonight, it could prove a dangerous trait long term in a slave. Especially one with this particular slave's history. Her eyes dropped to the slave collar and she was content to see it was in place and appeared undamaged.

Frigga lifted her gaze to meet the disquieting inky black eyes of the slave. "My son will not be joining the feast this evening. See to it that a tray is brought to him in the library," she commanded.

Kenna went very still, and slowly lifted her eyes to meet the gaze of the queen in confusion. "A tray?" Kenna asked. She was not a member of the kitchen staff. Frigga knew this. 

Frigga frowned at the elf, wondering if perhaps the girl was rather simple. "Yes, from the kitchen," she repeated.

"To the library," Kenna clarified. Taking a tray to the library could only mean Loki. She couldn't imagine Thor missing an evenings festivities. Kenna wasn't certain what to make of the sudden excitement that coursed through her at the prospect of visiting the prince in the library. She told herself it was simply the prospect of being in the library once more.

"Indeed," Frigga said. She drew in a breath and wondered if she would regret her next words. "Please bring my son his dinner, see he has all he needs, and...and make sure that he is all right."

Kenna met the queen's gaze and understanding dawned as she saw the concern etched into the queen's beautiful face. Something must have happened. Something that upset Loki enough to keep him from joining his family. She only hoped it wasn't something from his previous injury, something perhaps he should have visited the healers over. She wasn't sure why, but it seemed the Queen believed she was the one that should check on the prince.

Kenna bowed. "I will make sure the prince has everything he requires," she promised.

Frigga nodded. "And if there is anything...anything at all I need to do. Come tell me immediately." Frigga ordered.