Something wicked this way comes (trigun fanfiction of my own creation)

the sound of silence fills the air, its dark very dark. I cant see anything "what the hell is this place?" I ask myself whirling around to see myself surrounded by nothing on all sides. Click Clack click clack the sound of footsteps fills the silence "hello? Is anyone there?" I call out. No reply except for the sound of footsteps, they sound like there getting closer, I stand there waiting then something snaps. The entire atmosphere changes the darkness becomes overpowering its getting harder to breath as a foul, sour smell fills the air, the footsteps are still coming and with each small "click" of the steps the smell gets stronger and stronger. I feel my legs begin to give out but hold myself up as best as I can, for some reason I was becoming very scared even more so with each repeated "click". The air starts to become denser and denser with the smell and....Something else.....What was this smell? It was sickening, sour and foul  like the smell of rotting flesh and perspiration mixed together. I knew this smell! What was it?.....There's one last click and I realize what the smell is "death" I turn away from the sounds and begin running as fast as I can, I cant tell if im moving or not, nothing changes the scenery is endless darkness. The only thing I can see is myself nothing else. The footsteps stop but a new sound rings throughout the air. A small childlike giggle "the time has come"  the voice rings out loudly it sounds far away but I cant be sure, I feel myself shudder. At that moment my legs gave out, I fall down onto my knees "w-what-!?!" I yelp unable to stand "Im going to destroy you......Im going to rip you all apart"  the smell becomes the strongest its ever been and I feel myself gasping for air, unable to get any clean air my head begins spinning and my vision blurs. Theres a flash of bright red as the darkness is replaced by blazing flames, my head begins throbbing and then the screaming starts. They were deafening and relentless "what is this!?! Whats happening!?!" i scream hunching over into a feeble position. The screams seem to continue for hours on end, i couldn't stand it! These were the sounds of people dying, men, women, children. I could hear them all. I felt the tears start rolling down "STOP!!!! STOP PLEASE!!!!" "HELP!!!" "No.....please no....NO!"these screams and the sounds of crying were all mixed together. Then suddenly it all stops, I feel the pressure of a hand on my shoulder and look up, i meet blood red eyes that are filled with something, a mixture of rage and pity "who......Who are you?....What do you want from me!?" I shout at the person. I cant see anything except those red eyes, even so i can tell that their smirking. One last bolt of terror runs through me as someone whispers in my ear "now .....Its your turn". Everything seems to shut off as a maniacal cackle fills my head.

I wake up with a jolt and stop myself from screaming, I'm covered in sweat. I look around frantically for a moment before calming down "what....Was that?" i flinch jolt yet again as the door to my room opens and Meryl walks in "h-hey Vash.....Are you ok? I heard you yelling so i came running" she says shyly only stepping halfway into the room. I must have been yelling in my sleep "i...Im fine" i smile at her and she smiles back "oh uh, everyone's downstairs! Millie made breakfast Hurry up and get dressed" she says walking back out and closing the door. I sigh and stand up, walking over to the rack were my coat is and putting it on quickly. Meryl had patched it up after Knives and i had fought, Knives was getting along well. Still recovering and a lot more laid back but he still had problems with humans. At times he had fits of anger and would begin rampaging and breaking things but most of the time he would just sit around quietly. It had been nearly 3 years since we had fought, everything had settled down. Millie and Meryl still had their jobs as insurance agents but I had decided to "retire" from the outlaw life so they had been reassigned. This meant that they left for long periods of time but they always came back after their job. That dream had really freaked me out, i didn't usually have dreams let alone nightmares. Especially not ones that were so....Graphic. I shudder before exiting the room and heading downstairs. Knives was sitting at the table silently (as usual) just kind of hunched over a plate of food, Meryl was watching him closely looking a little worried, Millie was chowing down happily. I smile and plop down at the table "goooodmorning!" i say "morning Mr.Vash" Millie says through a mouthful of food "Millie don't talk with your mouthful" Meryl says scolding her "oops! Sorry!" she laughs slightly. I look at Knives who just stares down at the table "hey knives....You feeling okay?" I ask smiling at my brother who only nods silently. I frown down at the table, he wasn't acting normal usually by now he'd have said something slightly rude to one of the girls or started some small fight. Theres a small shuffling noise as Knives stands up "hey aren't you hungry? you didn't eat anything" i say watching him head for the door of the house "no..." he says walking out. Meryl looks exhausted for some reason and Millie just smiles "well that was odd" Meryl says "yeah...." i mumble turning to look at the door for a moment. I stand up and grab Knives pate before putting it in the fridge for him later "ill be back in a while" i say smiling at the two and following after Knives.

I finally found Knives up on a steep rock face on the outside of the town, he was sitting on the ledge looking out into the desert. After trying to get his attention (which failed) i walked up the cliff and joined him "what are you doing up here?" i ask sitting next to him, he jolts slightly then see's its me and relaxes "thinking........and id prefer to be left alone" he says still staring out over the sand. I chuckle "aw that's not nice!" i look at him but he just stares straight ahead with this blank look. After what seems like hours he speaks "say....vash?" he asks "whats up?" i reply still smiling "did you......i mean...Have you had any strange dreams lately?....Heard any voices?" he asks. I sit there a little shocked "well actually yes....I had a very......Disturbing dream last night" i answer truthfully "for the past 3 weeks vash....Ive been having the same dream everynight......And hearing this voice....It wont stop" he says still staring in one direction "why didn't you tell me earlier? What does it say?" i ask worried "i thought it would go away but....Its only gotten worse....It keeps telling me things like how its going to destroy everything....Its going to kill everyone, rip us apart with its bare hands" he starts to shake. Ive never seen this side of him before it was starting to scar me "Knives......Calm down ...Please...." i say putting my hand on his shoulder. in one fluid movement he snaps his head to look at me then stands up "its here" he says looking towards the town "Knives what the hell are you talking about?" i ask with an exasperated sigh. Knives bolts down the cliff and back towards the town "KNIVES!!! WAIT!" i shout rushing after him yet again.