The rest of the day progresses normally. I don't see the figure once, which calms me. Hailee is getting a pizza to bake, so I decided to study. The words in my textbook are only boring me, though. 

I look around the apartment with a sigh. It's nice, but I prefer my house. Maybe I should sleep at home tonight. What are the odds of an intruder coming two days in a row?

The same odds that he's been watching me. One night away from my bed won't hurt. I just need to give myself some space from that house. For a slight second, I think I see a dark figure walk into Hailee's bedroom, but I quickly ignore it.

I'm just scaring myself. Either Hailee or I have been in the apartment all day, and it's been locked. There is no way he could be in here. 

I look back at my textbook, trying so hard to focus on the subject, but my mind wanders to the figure. Why did he send me this ring? I slide it off my finger and examine the letters scrawled on it. Oh, how I wish I knew what this says.

I slowly place it back on my finger and run my hands through my hair, being careful not to touch my wound. He said he was going to prove he's real. Okay, so now I know he isn't a dream, but why is he stalking me? My wound begins to ache, and my scalp prickles. 

I feel as though someone is standing right behind me, but when I turn around, there's nobody. The pain in my head goes away, and for some reason, I feel more calm. The lock on the door makes a noise before Hailee bursts through the door.

"That table is for eating, not studying!" She scolds me with a laugh, and I jump up to help her make the pizza.

I lay on the couch, pulling the blanket to my chin. Hailee had offered to share her bed with me, but I didn't want to impose, plus she kicks in her sleep. I smile to myself, happy to get a night free from this psycho. 

I hear steps in the kitchen and stiffen. I never heard Hailee open her door.

"Hailee? Why are you up?" I call out with a shaky voice. My body refuses to let me turn around to see who is in the kitchen.

The footsteps cease, and I curse Hailee for having carpet in her living room. I can't tell if the person entered the room or stopped in the kitchen. Finally, my body listens to my mind, and I sit up, turning around. The dark figure is standing in front of me, looming behind the couch.

"I'm afraid I'm not Hailee." He says, making me feel nauseated. My body immediately reacts to him, fear coursing through me. 

"How did you get in?" I mumble, unsure of what to do or say. I don't want to alarm Hailee, for he might hurt her, that is if he hasn't already.

"That's not important." He assures me, and I remember his voice. I spoke to this voice the morning I picked Hailee up from the party.

"You're Duke's friend?" I manage to ask, rubbing my palms on my thighs to rid them of sweat.

"I'm afraid I don't have friends." He mutters, and I'm not sure if I detect remorse or pride in his statement. He takes a step closer to me, placing his hands on the back of the couch, and I'm able to see his face. Sure enough, it's the boy I met at the party house.

"W-what do you want?" I stutter, at a loss for words. I just want this to end right now.

"You've asked me this once before, and I didn't give you an answer. Ask me another question if you must." He rolls his eyes, like answering my questions is the last thing he wants to do.

"Uh, why did you hurt my head?" I point to the area where the wound is. 

"Here?" He asks and places one of his large hands on the wound, pressing down on it. I yell out in pain and try to duck away. Thankfully, he pulls away with a chuckle.

"Yes...there." I finally respond after a moment of silence passes. I look up to meet his green eyes and wonder how someone with such beautiful eyes could be so frightening.

"You wouldn't shut up about how I'm a dream, so I thought I'd show you I'm real in a way that will last for awhile. Now, if you start doubting I'm real, you can just do this." He says, pushing down on my wound again. He only holds his hand there for a second, ending the pain as soon as it started.

"I just want you to get out." I try to fake some confidence, but I don't think it looks believable. 

"I can leave, but this won't be the last time you see me." He says so painfully slow and turns back towards the kitchen. He turns down the hallway that leads to Hailee's room, and I jump from the couch.

"Hailee!" I run to her room, bursting through the door, but the only person in here besides me is Hailee. Where did he go?

"What do you want?" She groans, rubbing her eyes.

"He was here! He spoke to me! Then he walked towards your room, but he isn't in here." I keep looking around the room, and Hailee shoots up in her bed.

"He was coming for me?" She gasps and holds her chest.

"He didn't say that! He said he was leaving then walked down the hall." I finally give up on looking around her room and sit down on the bed.

"Why is he breaking into my place, too? Tabitha, you need to make him stop! Did you see his face this time?" She waves her arms in the air. Much too dramatic for this time of night. I pull my long, brown hair into a ponytail, contemplating my answer.

"No. I just saw that he has green eyes." I respond, trying to look as calm as possible. She seems to buy it, nodding in thought. 

Without another word, I go back to the couch and lay down. My heart has finally slowed down, letting me relax. I don't know why I didn't tell Hailee about his pink lips or wavy brown hair, or even the fact that I know he's Duke's friend. 

Maybe I just want to wait until I know what he wants from me. If he's just some psycho stalker, I'll lock him in jail myself.

"By the way, I like the ring on you." His voice says in my ear, and I gasp. I quickly sit up and look around the room, but I'm alone in the dark.

~~~~~~

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm happy with this chapter or not. I also updated Fatal Cure today, so I'm kind of tired, and I suppose this will do

sorry if it's not that good, but I love you all! I already hit 1K reads! WOW! I love every one of you! Don't forget to vote and comment, my loves :) :)