xxv.

I tied my hair in a messy bun,  I already change the towel in my casual clothes,  Natsu who was chasing me finally stopped when I slipped. He was worried of course, well who wouldn't? Although a second later he was laughing his ass off,  which results of me kicking him to where it most hurt.

I looked at him, his lips puckered while glaring daggers at me, but I just grimaced at him.

"So... Ms. Party pooper,  what did that boyfriend of yours texted?" He asked, breaking the silence as he walked near my desk. He took my cellphone and read it on his own.

I went to my refrigerator and took the box of chocolate Sting gave me. Watching Natsu's reaction as he read the messages of my boyfriend.

"What is it?" I asked, popping a heart dark chocolate on his mouth, pushing myself closer to him to read the message.

Re: Sting Eucliffle
Lucy-chan, you may not believe this, but I've only got a month to be with you

I furrow my eyebrows, I clearly don't get it. I faced Natsu who was as confused as I am.

"Damn, what does that mean?" I asked Natsu but he just shrugged. He took the box of chocolate and ate almost half of it in a second.

"Hey!  The last time I check it was given to me by Sting." I yelled in which he gladly returned with a smirk.

"And the last time I check,  you're not selfish. You always think of me whenever you have something to eat." He uttered, popping one on his mouth, but when he saw that I was looking at him,  he exasperatedly sighed while shoving me one, "Happy?"

I nodded my head while giving him thumbs up.

"Go call your ugly boyfriend, ugly best friend of mine." He uttered,  he sat on my sofa and opened the television. I did what he said to know what's the meaning of his message, it didn't reached two rings when Sting answered the call.

"Hello?" He said on the other line, his voice we're raspy which made me raise an eyebrow.

"Hey, Sting... Are you alright?" I asked, I know there's something wrong. He's not usually this type of man. He was always cheerful and happy. I could sense that he was feeling... morbid.

He sighed, as if it was hard for him to answer if he was indeed alright or not, I tapped my foot in agony. Afraid of what he was going to say.

"I... I certainly am." He said, his voice were so low that I hardly heard him, although I know that he was darn lying.

"The truth Sting. Answer me the truth." I demanded.

"I'm not Lucy. That's the truth. You see, I... I-I'm going to die." He murmured, I felt myself froze, I got tongue tied that couldn't fumble the right words to say. It was as if my heart fall to the deepest part of the universe when I heard the last word he said,  instantly I felt a cold shivers down on my spine and spread like a wildfire through my whole body.

"Hahahahahahaha." I laughed,  trying my best to laugh happily, I was caught back there for a second, "Nice one Sting. I almost believed you, darn I thought your better than that. You're pranking me?! Have you forgotten that I'm the prankster?" I uttered, laughed delightfully as tears escaped my eyes, I don't know if it was because a part of me was crushed on what he says.

"But I am not joking sweetheart." He uttered, the tears pour down like rain drops, sobs filled my room. How come he's dying?!

"Stop that joke. It's not funny." I curtly said,  but it was like my heart's being tormented and torn apart.

"I wish I was lying. I'm sorry,  the doctor told me that I have a month to live." His voice cracked, I felt a pat on my shoulder, he hugged me real tight when the call ended.

"Hush it piggy Luce." he murmurs, motioning his palm in a circular manner to calm me down.

"I think the gods hates me Natsu. First my parents, and now Sting... He's gonna die." I weakly said,  my eyes were all blurry but I still looked at him, his onyx eyes met mine.

"Then gave your all so that his last day would be the best." He said, wiping the tears away, "And the gods doesn't hate you, you're being paranoid. There are things beyond our control and it wasn't your fault if someone you love left you. Remember that." He added.

I nodded my head. What if Natsu wasn't here? Maybe I was the one who dies first that Sting. I was all in all a weak person hiding behind the pranks I could pull to the people around me.

"Now,  smile and stand up. I couldn't carry you, you're so heavy, after all you ate all the chocolates your boyfriend gave you." He laughed hearity, I laughed as well,  how lucky am I to have him as my best friend?

To be continued...

How,  after a year of absence, we are very much sorry because we just updated the book. We know most of you were thinking if we're to continue this or not. We're just so busy with School and we just  had the time to update.

Thank you for not leaving us, and for still reading our story. We very much appreciate you all.

Aiahlovess~