"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll do everything to gain your trust back. Just don't leave me..."

Something lodged in her throat, preventing her to speak. It made sense now, how his smiles didn't reach up to his eyes anymore, of how it looked like he wanted to look okay, even though he wasn't at all.

Then suddenly, she was mad. How could you do this to me? I thought you were stronger than that. What happened to your vows, Jiwon? You said you'd love me until death do us part. What happened with that? I was ready to move on with you. Why... Why now?

A lot of questions swirled around her head but only one prevailed. What went wrong with us?

Her hands lingered too long in his cheeks, she realized. As if burned, she took them back and placed it on her sides.

"I – I need some time to think. Get out of the house." She shut her eyes tight to prevent her resolve from crumbling. "Please."

He slowly nodded as he wiped his tears away using the sleeves of his shirt. As his footsteps gradually faded, her heart broke little by little. Maybe it was for this reason that she finally looked at him. A mistake on her part.

Her husband was already gazing at her, his hand on the doorknob. When their eyes met, she quickly avoided it by looking at her palms on her lap.

The jingle of the doorknob was the next thing she heard after and with a silent click of the lock, she knew he was already gone.

-4-

The light posts from outside helped seal in light to illuminate the surroundings of the bedroom. The thin white curtain swayed softly as the air of the electric fan veered at its direction, providing the room more light from time to time.

As Jisoo took her sight away from the windows, she could now hear herself think, as the night always did for her.

No more crying.

She was tired of having to cry herself to sleep every night and now, she was too tired to cry again for a different reason.

No more. That was it. No more. Don't think about him.

How could he do this to me?

Everything that she ever believed, everything that she held on to, was lost in a blink of an eye.

Stop. Don't think about it.

Jisoo turned to the other side of the bed, her sight going at the empty space beside. Shaking her head, she closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep.

Maybe she was really the one at fault. Maybe if she had been more loving enough, maybe if she showed she still loved him, maybe if she didn't push him away, maybe if she didn't turn a cold shoulder at all...

Stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault.

Feeling uncomfortable with her position, she tossed to the other side. The empty space and his scent buried on the sheets wouldn't bother her, at least for now.

Was it because she looked undesirable? Of her depressed state? Of her eyebags and her baggy shirts? Of her sunken cheeks and her pale lips? Had she been ugly to his eyes all this time?

Haven't he loved her enough?

I said, don't think about him.

It was her fault. She was really the one at fault.

No...

If he understood enough, if he didn't let himself take control of his needs... No... All this time, he didn't understand at all.