Chapter Five

As they walked for a bit, seemingly not in any particular rush, Alfred continued to walk before Ludwig spoke up, surprisingly keeping pace with the rather shy policeman.

" So what do you want to eat? mein treat." Ludwig bluntly asked.

Alfred was taken back slightly but thought in a small panic before sharply answering, " Mcdonalds is fine, really-"

" Nein, the calorie intake at that place is too much. Besides, balanced meals are the best to keep a healthy well balanced diet." Ludwig retorted.

Alfred slowly nodded his head and sighed inwardly before he slowed down at pointed, " Um, what about this Italian place?" Alfred jabbed his thumb coming to a stop at it's entrance. " Seems simple and they have salads as well as whole grains from what I've heard."

Ludwig eyed it from the ground up and nodded with satisfaction walking up to the door and opening for Alfred who casually walked in. Inside the place had many beautiful scenery paintings of Venice and Rome. Fake plants and lights were strung about, showing off the gentle style of the fancy table sets.

Ludwig looked around before slowly feeling something was off.

Why is this place familiar for some reason? Ludwig thought.

Suddenly, up popped up an Italian waiter who was dressed in a red dress shirt and black fitted dress pants. His hair was combed back with one random curl to stubbornly stick out. He looked at the two mostly annoyed and disappointed.

Scheiße.... Ludwig mentally cursed.

" Ciao....table for two si?" answered the thick accented Italian man.

Alfred blinked and stared before he slowly smiled, " Hey, your Tony's boyfriend right?"

Lovino stared at him and rolled his eyes, " No, I just have a twin-Of course I'm his boyfriend you damn idiota!"

Alfred flinched and pursed his lips timidly , " S-Sorry."

Ludwig cleared his throat, " Ja, table for two if you would."

Lovino huffed and marched with them following right behind. Of course regardless he still kept up whatever customer service he had left in him for the two. Taking both their coats to the established coat racks by the door. He Walked back and pulled out a notepad and a pen from the back of his ear.

" Alright, shall I start you off with a bottle of wine?" he asked.

Alfred shook his head. " I'll just have iced water-"

"The ice will cost extra sir." Lovino curtly added.

Ludwig raised an eyebrow, " Since when?"

Lovino glanced at him and rolled his eyes, " Fine...damn kasdlksjf..and you sir?" he asked Ludwig.

Ludwig looked and nodded, " Dolcetto, 1996 year."

Lovino stared at him and raised an eyebrow surprised that the potato bastard new of such high delicacy wines. " Uh-huh. Si. Dolcetto '96, and iced water coming up. Have a look at our menus and I will be back shortly to take your orders."

As the Italian swiftly turned on his heals rushing off towards the kitchen, Alfred whistled softly. " You really know your wines, I'm impressed."

Ludwig raised an eyebrow, " Why is that?" he asked rather defensively.

Alfred panicked and waved his hands nervously, " A-Ah I didn't mean anything bad of it. It's just...not many guys know wines...or well I don't particularly know wines either so..um..eheh..." he looked away rubbing his lips together with a worried expression.