Getting Dressed

*Note to Readers: This story is going to be linked to Nothin' On You which is her little sister's story. So you can bounce between them, just read one, or read them both one at a time. It's up to you but just in case you read and get confused on the time jumps, that's the explanation. I pick up where the last chapter of the other story leaves off.*

I woke up and stretched before rising up and making my bed. I fixed my messy bun on my head and walked out my room. I walked over to my sister's bedroom and opened the door, walking in and seeing her asleep on her bed. I walked over and called her name.....

A- Amaryllis

She stirred in her sleep and turned over. I gently shook her and called for her again.....

A- Amaryllis, wake up

She groaned and stirred again but that was it. I said......

A- I know ya ass hear me

AM- (groggy voice) Yes, I hear you and I'm hoping you'll take the hint and go away

A- Well, that sucks because I'm not. Now get up

AM- Ughhhh

A- I'm not gonna say it again

AM- Ugh whatever

I smiled to myself as she rose up, yawning and patting her head lightly. She stretched as she said.....

AM- What do you want Dri?

A- Um, we gon act like school aint a thing?

AM- Could we?

A- Yea, no, sorry sis

AM- Ugh, you used to be much more laid back than this

A- Yeah, that was back in Florida when you were with your actual parents but you're the one who decided to move with me so that means I gotta be a responsible adult which means get up, get ready for school, we both need to go so we're both not late

AM- Ughhhh

A- Let's go or no breakfast

AM- Wowwww so we gon take food away too? That's just cruel

A- (laughs) Bitch, get ya ass up and come on. I don't have time for you

She smirked at me and rose from her bed, walking into her bathroom as I threw a pillow at her which made her laugh. I walked out of her room and made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. I pulled out everything I needed to cook and began to make breakfast.

45 minutes later......

I finished cooking and checked the time. It was 7:15 a.m. and I had about an hour before I'd have to head out. I made my plate and ate as I scrolled through Instagram. After I finished eating, I washed my dishes and put the rest of the food to the side for Amaryllis. I walked back upstairs and into my room. I saw that it was now 7:30 and I connected my Bluetooth speakers to my phone and got on Pandora. I put my phone down as the music loaded and walked into my bathroom. "Hurtin' Me"- Stefflon Don, French Montana came on and I smiled to myself as I stripped off my pajamas and turned on the water. I stepped into the shower and relaxed as the hot water hit my body.

20 minutes later.....

I got out the shower and sighed heavily feeling relaxed and awake. I checked the time and saw that it was 7:50 which meant Amaryllis should be on her bus almost at school and gave me about 25 minutes before I'd have to head out. I walked into my closet and picked out my outfit. I lotioned my skin, put on deodorant, and slipped on my bra and panties. I got dressed, styled my hair, did my makeup and nails, and put on my jewelry and accessories. I put on my snapback, put in my grill cause it's the first day of school and I had to stunt, put on my shoes, put my headphones around my neck, grabbed my backpack, and grabbed my phone and keys. I walked out my room and made my way down the stairs. I saw my sister sitting in front of the tv and eating her breakfast. I nudged the back of her head and she turned to me. She said.....

AM- Bitch, what the hell

A- Why are you still here in your pajamas

AM- I'm eating

A- Bitch, it's 8:05....I woke you up at 6:30. You should've already been gone on the bus and almost at school if not already there

AM- I'm sorry what?

A- What

AM- Bus? You expected me to take a bus?

A- Yes, Amaryllis, I expected you to take the bus. You don't drive and I don't have a first or second period class so I don't have to be to school at the same time as you.

AM- Don't you do office work though and community service and stuff?

A- Yes but I don't have to show up when school starts. I can check in whenever I want to

AM- Ugh, but Driiiiii

A- Amaryllis Andrew, don't start with me. I had planned on running some errands this morning but since I'm clearly gonna have to take you to school, take your little butt upstairs. It's 8:10 so you have 15 minutes.

AM- 15? Seriously?

A- Yup

AM- Adrianna

A- 14 now...better get a move on

AM- Omg, that's not even enough time

A- Better hurry up

AM- Ugh

She quickly got up and put her plate in the kitchen sink before running upstairs to her room. I heard the shower turn on and rolled my eyes, taking a seat on the arm chair and going on Snapchat as I waited for her to be done so we could go and head to school.