06

-

-

So, don't think for a second that I'm afraid of you two country boys.

-

After Jordan picked up the win, she stood up, and the ref raised her hand in the air.  Her music began playing, and Liv Morgan silently rolled out of the ring.

She walked over, stood on the bottom rope, and pointed out at the crowd.  When her music changed to something else, she looked over and saw The Revival come out.  They stopped at the top of the ramp.  Jordan frowned, walked over, and got a microphone.

"Can I help you boys?" She asked, walking over to the side of the ring closest to them.

"You can, actually," Scott Dawson said, and Jordan raised an eyebrow. "Stay out of our matches."

She chuckled. "And why should I do that?"

"Do you see these belts?" Dash asked, taking the NXT Tag Team Championship off of his waist, and hoisting it in the air. "These prove that we're the best tag team on God's green earth.  And if you noticed, we didn't need some girl to help us win them."

"So, it's best you stay in the women's division where you belong, and let the guys handle our business ourselves," Dawson said.

"You think I'm just going to stop everything I'm doing because you asked me to?" She asked, tilting her head. "That's real cute."

"Honey, nobody even knows who the hell you are," Dawson said. "You decide to start hanging out with – what are they calling themselves now?"

"DIY," Dash replied.

"You start hanging out with DIY, and you suddenly think that people are going to care about you?" Dawson continued. "I don't even know your name.  Where did you come from?  What makes you think you have the right to just be ringside for our matches like you own the place?"

Jordan smirked.

"My name is Jordan Lee.  And I'm from the indies, darling.  Something you wouldn't understand," She said. "And the same thing goes for Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa.  We scratched and clawed our whole lives just to make it to this company.  We have years of wrestling and championships under our belts.  So, don't think for a second that I'm afraid of you two country boys."

The crowd cheered, and the champions both looked at each other in shock and anger.  They began walking down the ramp, but stopped when DIY's music hit.  They turned around, and were met by Johnny and Tommaso running down the ramp.  Before anything could be done, Dash and Dawson ran past them up the ramp, and made it backstage.

Jordan just rolled her eyes, set her microphone down, and slid out of the ring.  The three of them walked backstage together.

DIY's first match in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic (against Ho Ho Lun and Tian Bing) wouldn't be until the next set of tapings, so the three of them were finished for the night.

Jordan planned on changing out of her gear and leaving, but Johnny spoke up, stopping her.

"Hey, Jordan," He said, and she looked at him. "Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"I'm currently looking for a place to stay here in Orlando," She told him. "Because I feel like staying in Boston would be a bit difficult.  So I'll probably just be doing that.  Why?  What's up?"

"Candice, Tommaso, and I are going to Disney World tomorrow," He said. "And I wanted to extend the invitation to you."

Her eyes widened. "I've always wanted to go to Disney World."

"You've never been?" He asked.

"No." She shook her head. "My parents didn't really see the point of coming all the way to Orlando for an amusement park, and I just never really had time once I was old enough to go by myself." She paused. "But I'd love to come with you guys.  That sounds great."

He promised to text her the details later, and they said their goodbyes.  As Jordan walked toward the women's locker room, someone spoke to her.

"You've never been to Disney World?" Tommaso asked, and she turned to look at him.

"Nope," She replied. "Why?"

"Really?"

She saw what he was alluding to, and she rolled her eyes. "Anyone could've invited me to go to Disney World with them, and I would've jumped at the offer.  If he invited me somewhere boring, I wouldn't have agreed to go."

"Like a library?"

"Yeah, sure, like a library," She agreed. "Now if you'll excuse me, Tommy Tom, I want to change out of my gear."

"Tommy Tom?" He asked.

"I gave you a nickname," She said. "Bet you've never heard it before."

She began walking away, and she could hear him mutter under his breath, "Tommy Tom...?"

***

So, I won't actually be writing about their trip to Disney World, because I've never been, and I wouldn't be able to do the park justice. This was mostly to show that there would be tag team + Candice bonding.

The next chapter will take place at NXT Takeover: Toronto (aka my favorite Takeover).

Fun fact: before I started writing this chapter, I went on Tumblr to look for more pictures for the beginnings of chapters, and I laughed, but I'm also a bit sad. Like, I only just now found out Candice tweeted an update on Johnny, and she feels betrayed by Tommaso omg

Anyway, that was a bit random. Let me know what you thought! This was a bit random, but that's because I want Toronto to be its own chapter.