Chapter 8

The sun beamed on the town of Mystic Falls, as Caroline Forbes walked the route to her older sister's apartment.

She thought that today they will be able to spend some time together since they haven't hung out in a while. With Annalise hanging around the Mikaelsons and Caroline hanging around her friends.

She reached the apartment building, opened the glass door, and greeted the doorman. She continued on to her sister's apartment door and knocked.

"Annalise," Caroline knocked, but the door opened a crack. Caroline looked at the door cautiously, and called out, "Annalise!"

She walked into the apartment, it was quiet, too quiet, as if it was vacant, "Come on, Anna, this isn't funny."

It seemed as if her voice echoed throughout the apartment.

She walked into Annalise's bedroom and saw that the bed was made, but hanger littered the floor, the closet and drawers were open, and most importantly, her shoes were gone.

Caroline knew what happened.

Annalise had left her once again.

Tears streamed down Caroline's face as she cried over her sister's broken promise.

She was never supposed to leave. She promised she would stay with Caroline.

But, why would she leave? After promising to stay? Was this her plan all along? Was this her revenge on Caroline for almost killing Elijah? To abandon her, once again?

Caroline was once again alone in the town they called Mystic Falls.

The only people she'll be able to rely on are her friends it seems, for they never left her. They wouldn't willingly.

Annalise POV

Mikael and I stared at each other for what seemed to be hours, but was only for a few minutes. Conversing with our eyes.

Him telling me to keep away from his family, believing me to be trouble.

And me responding with a smirk, letting him know that I wouldn't be doing that.

"Annalise," Gudrid and Ayanna called for me, causing me to break eye contact with the patriarch of the Mikaelson Family.

"Over here," I called out to them waving my hands in the air to make sure they caught sight of me.

I turned my attention to Rebekah and smiled.

My smile soon dropped as I saw the look of her remaining siblings and other males that surrounded me, "What?"

"Annalise," Rebekah hissed, gesturing to my attire.

I face palmed. I seemed to have forgotten that the clothing that I'm wearing is far too little, than a woman of this time. Most men would be....hmm...attracted, by the sight of a female that looked the way I did.

Ayanna and Gudrid came up to me.

"Annalise, You must find appropriate cloths at once," Gudrid scolded me.

"Yes ma'am."

Ayanna sighed, "Rebekah can you perhaps lend Annalise a gown, please?"

"Yes, Ayanna, at once," Rebekah grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me towards a hut I presumed was her family's.

Though I didn't object, I was trying to leave the eye of the public as quickly as possible.

The Mikaelson Hut was big enough for the huge family that they had. There was a big space with a long table in the middle, a large pot over a burning fire on the opposite side of the table. If one walked a few feet down were about four doors.