Chapter 5

"Okay," I looked around , smiling at my finished apartment. It was beautiful.

"It came out wonderful, Annalise," Elijah said, Rebekah smiling in agreement.

He and Rebekah have spent the past few days helping me get my new apartment together.

I was so happy to have my own place. Sure I enjoyed being with my family again, but sometimes a girl needs her own space.

Plus, Caroline has been ignoring me for the past few days. Though, I have no idea why.

"Are you guys staying for dinner," I asked Rebekah and Elijah.

"Oh, we wouldn't want to-"

"We would love to," Rebekah cut off Elijah.

"Great," I smiled cheekily at Elijah. "There wasn't much of a choice in the matter."

I moved towards the kitchen and began to take stuff out of the refrigerator to prepare dinner.

As I started dinner, I thought about all that has happened the past week.

Caroline told me that they found out who the "Founders' Killer" was.

It was Alaric.

Yup, so of course there was a big argument.

Let's just say that I'm not speaking terms with anyone besides my mother and the Mikaelsons. I know that may seem wrong, but I enjoy their company. Rebekah is the female bestfriend I've tried so hard to look for. Kol is the mischievous little brother I have always wanted. Klaus is the fun artistic buddy that I can go to for some fun, since most people my age in this town are stuck up.

And then there is Elijah. The man, my professor, that I have had a crush on since my freshmen year in college.

I still remember the first time we met and how awe struck I was.

Four Years Ago

I rushed out of my dorm and out of the resident hall, rushing to get to my first class of my college experience, early this morning. History.

I was to take this course for my first year here at NYU. This was my dream college. All of my hard work from high school got me a full ride here, and I wasn't going to do anything to ruin that.

I reached the class I was to attend, and saw that the classroom was half full of students. I was confused since the class was to start soon.

I walked to the back of the class and took a seat in the back row. I pulled my laptop out of my bag to take notes, since I seem to type faster than I can write.

I looked up from my laptop at the sound of someone flopping down in the seat next to me with a sigh.

I raised an eyebrow at her as she began to talk, "I'm exhausted. Why does this class have to be so early?"

"You could've always taking the later history classes," I told her.

"Yes, but then I wouldn't get to meet the handsome professor that everyone has been talking about," she groaned.

I looked at her incredulously . She was in this class to gawk at the professor?

Still staring I asked, "Are you majoring in history?"