Chapter One ~ Gaelan

Lustful Temptations (Chapter One):

            We’ve been planning this thing for years and we’ve finally perfected it. The plan to invade the Wolf’s Territory. It was finally time to strike out revenge for casting us out of our own land twenty years ago. I smiled as I thought about how well our plan was going to happen.

            “Men!” I called the attention to my Pard, “It is finally time! We take back out land from the thieving wolves who stole out lands twenty years ago. My father, may he rest in peace, couldn’t be here to celebrate this remarkable occasion, the time of our revival!” Every member of the Pard growled their response and I added my own sound to the excitement.

            I walked into my office and looked at the wall. I walked to my father’s old leader pelt and put it on, basking in the glory of it finally coming into use after so long. I was amazed that it fit me. It meant that I am my father’s size. I kept that in mind as I left my office, after replacing the pelt, and went to my bedroom.

            I looked around the small room and sighed in relief that my Pard is going to be moving back into our proper land. All I could think about was home sweet home. I shed my clothes and lay on my bed, nude. I lay back with my hands behind my head and close my eyes. I allowed my mind to wander and soon felt myself drifting into the land of dreams and imaginations.

            I dreamt about something weird. There was a man tied up in silver, the weakness of werewolves. He was howling in pain and torture, but his cried were unheard by anyone. He seems to have been neglected and I could see him sitting in his own filth. I felt sorry for his state. He seemed to sense me, for he looked in my direction. He growled a feral sound.

            Something within me clicked on and I felt an attraction to him. He was slender, compared to my large muscular form and he still had a dominant aura to him. While I may be physically dominant I am emotionally submissive. I was attracted to him and his presence, which confused me because I haven’t met him. The word yet flowed into my mind.  

            I watched as he struggled against his chains trying desperately to reach me. I found myself reaching for him as well, but just as we were about to touch each other I was woken up by the sound of one of my Pard members screaming my name.

            I jumped into action, expecting a wolf to have snuck his way into our temporary land, but the leopard who had been trying to catch my attention was perfectly fine. “What’s wrong, young one.” He looked at me.

            “Nothing,” he responded, “It’s just that you were flailing. I thought you were having a nightmare. I was trying to wake you up, but you were just so stubborn to awaken.” I chuckled and looked at his shocked expression to my reaction.

            “I was not having a nightmare, more though a dream of lust and longing. You may run off little one and complete your chores for the day. Today will be the last day in this area. Today we will reclaim our land.” He smiled largely at me and enthusiastically ran off to finish his chores.

            My stomach roared at the smell of food that touched my senses as he left my sight. I looked at my dresser to see my breakfast prepared and ready for me to begin my ritual before the battle is to commence.

I completed the ritual of eating, bathing, and cleansing myself as a representation of the rebirth of my people and our life before night fell upon us. My body naturally responded as night became our friend. The black spots on our fur served for our purpose of trying to blend into the dark. The other were-leopards shifted from their humanoid form into their true form, the form of an animal of nature. As I shifted I felt the familiarity of my fur, large paws, excellent hearing, animalistic vocals, and superb eyesight. I looked around to see the other members of the Pard had also become the animal that had given them comfort for so many years of their lives.

            I roared out the sound that began the mission of reclaiming our land. I looked to the small forest that separated this territory from the soon-to-be-ex-Wolf Territory and started my slow approach to the place where I was going to reclaim my father’s honor and my people’s homes.