Chapter Five ~Gaelan

Lustful Temptations (Chapter Five):

            My heart was broken. I was broken. Nothing mattered anymore. He didn’t want me. That man, my mate, refused to show me any affection. He rejected my kiss, the biggest taboo amongst the Weres, for being rejected by kiss was instant damnation from the pard. I was ashamed and saddened.

            “Gaelan, my friend. It is time for the evening meal.” I lifted my head and revealed my tainted face smeared with tears. My second-in-command’s, Rick, widened and rushed to my said. “What happened?”

            I sniffled and told him a condensed version of what happened, how my own mate refused to show me the most intimate and confirming notion for the wanting to be bonded mates.

            “Oh, my sweet dear old friend, I am so sorry. If I weren’t mated I would show you just how good love can feel, but I truly love Melissa. You know she’s pregnant?” I nodded and he continued speaking. “She’s been having really iffy moods. One second she’s happy, the next mad at me for getting her pregnant and making her puke every three seconds. One second she loves me and wants to mate, the next she’s throwing knives around. She almost got my ear!” I couldn’t help but giggle and hug Rick.

            Rick is such a good guy and an amazing guy. I sometimes wish that he was my mate, but I have to believe that Baithazar didn’t really mean to hurt me. I stayed snuggled close to Rick knowing that he would hold me for as long as I needed and that Melissa was okay with Rick and I being close friends. She doesn’t mind that sometimes my scent is on Rick as long as she doesn’t smell me on his…love tool.

            “When is she due?” I asked trying to prolong the comforting embrace I was in.

            “Next month.” He said wearily. “I can’t believe that she’s been pregnant for eight months already, or that I’ve been taking away her need for shifting for so long. Did you know her wolf likes to roll around on the ground?” I looked up at him and he smiled. “Yeah, I know. Every time I take her wolf’s need to be out she always rolls around on the ground first, getting my fur dirty, but my wolf and I don’t mind. It feels good to have a piece of her in this body with me and my wolf. We enjoy her wolf’s company.” I listened carefully to his voice and was jealous of his relationship with his mate.

            They sounded so happy to be with each other. I wanted that. I wanted to be with Baithazar and have him breed me as many times as he can, even though I can’t bear children. I wanted to feel loved and cherished. I hope that Baithazar can come to feel that way about me. If doesn’t...I guess that I would give him the chance to find another mate for this lifetime and find my leopard in the next.

            My leopard came closer to my soul as I thought this. ‘You know he’ll come to terms with the fact that you’re male. He has before. What would make this any different?’ She whispered into my mind.

            “Maybe this time he’s had a change of heart. I don’t know, and I’m scared. I’m scared that no matter what I do he’ll always reject me.” I said back to her in my mind.

            ‘I am very sure he will see the error on his ways eventually. After all, his wolf is very familiar with me, he will persuade Baithazar to claim you.’

            “I hope so. I truly hope so.” I said back to her and felt her recede back to the back of my mind. She silently purred as she felt comfort of the Pard with Rick’s embrace. I pulled away and felt me and my leopard purring. “Thanks Rick. You know I truly appreciate you. Sometimes I wish that you were my mate instead of Baithazar, but you and Melissa are so happy that I feel really guilty about it afterwards.” I blushed and lowered my head at my confession.

            “Aw, that’s okay. That was sweet of you to say, and I don’t want to toot my own horn, but I am pretty amazing.” He said with fake pride. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. I looked at his pretty grey eyes and got off the bed.

            “If there a reason why you came in here?” I said feeling more peacefully than a few moments ago.

            “Yeah, your breakfast is ready.” Rick stood up, ruffled my hair, and walked out. I sighed and took my leave as well to go to my own personal dining room.

            I stood in front of the familiar door and sighed. I opened the door and my eyes widened at the sight. Baithazar sleeping with his head down on the table, all of the food that was prepared for me, eaten, and a light snoring that echoed through small dining room. I looked at Baithazar’s face and slowly walked over to him. I sat in the seat next to his and looked at his serene and peaceful expression. I wish he would be this way with me.

            I reached my hand out to caress his beautiful long black hair. His hand struck out and crushed my hand. I screamed and slammed myself against the wall to put distance between him and me. I cradled my hand in my other and curled up into a ball.

            I could feel him crouching and slowly approaching me. As soon as he came within three feet I stood and backed up until I was in a corner. He still tried to come closer and my instincts to survive kicked in and I instantly let out a warning growl. My leopard came to the surface of my consciousness and looked at what our target. As soon as she saw that it was Baithazar she refused to help and retreated.

            Baithazar still tried to come closer. I screamed at him with tears in my eyes from the pain that I felt, both emotionally and physically, “If you didn’t want me as a mate just say so! You don’t have to hurt me!” I sobbed and ran from the room, seeking a shelter for myself as I healed and figured out a solution to the problem I had. What was going to do about Baithazar?