shorty swing my way [20]

july 1999
saturday
10:34 pm

"I don't really feel like hittin' the club, She," I groaned.
"I don't give a damn what you don't feel like doing. What'chu gon' do is get nice and sexy and get ready to hit this club," Sheila retorted.

"I just—"
"Girl, you've been down and out about DeAndré for two months now. You know what he's probably doing right now?" she posed a question that bothered me more than I'd ever be willing to admit.
I rolled my eyes at the thought of him with another woman before lying back down on my bed.

"Renèe, if I pull up, and you are not dressed and ready to party—"
"What'chu gon' do? Beat my ass?" I rolled onto my back while still holding the phone to my ear.
"I will if I have to," she replied.

"Shouldn't you be entertaining Stephen or something instead of trying to force me out of my damn house?" I sighed deeply.
"You know that me and Stephen won't work out. How many times I gotta' tell you?" she groaned.
"Well, why not? Y'all were cute," I pouted slightly.
"He's too good for me. He should find a nice girl to settle down with," she answered.

"That's why I hooked him up with you," I shook my head.
"Renée. . . Stephen is a girl's dream. He really is, but I'd fuck up somethin' like that. You know how that goes," she sighed deeply.

Damn. Sounds like she needs this night just as much as I do.

I sighed deeply and sat up, "okay, fine. Pick me up in an hour."
"An hour it is," she confirmed before we ended our call.

I groaned while dragging my feet toward my bathroom. I turned on my shower along with my radio and went into my closet to find something worth wearing. After narrowing down my options, I took a long, relaxing shower before moisturizing my skin. I did light makeup and finally chose a dress that was pretty basic and black except for flowers across the tummy and cut-outs on the sides.

 I did light makeup and finally chose a dress that was pretty basic and black except for flowers across the tummy and cut-outs on the sides

I slicked my hair into a high ponytail and slipped on a pair of black heels. Shortly afterwards, I gathered my things for my clutch purse. Condoms, money, I.D., gum and mints, lipgloss, and extra hair ties. Once I was ready, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a shot glass and a bottle of tequila.

"You got this, Nay," I whispered while pouring the alcohol into the small glass.

"You're gonna' have a good time. You're gonna' dance and drink and just party like it's 1999," I gave myself a pep talk before taking the shot, my head thrown back as I did so.

"What the fuck could go wrong?" I shrugged before pouring another shot and drinking it.

Shortly afterwards, I could hear honking from outside, meaning that Sheila was here.

I made sure I had my clutch before setting my alarm and locking my door. I got into Sheila's car to hear her instantly gassing me up.

"Girl, you look amazing! I don't know what kind of flower these are but they look good on you!" she beamed.
I blushed, "girl, chill out. This is nothin'."
"This is something, girl! You don't ever wanna' go out and the one night you do, you lookin' hot as fuck. This is a big deal," she argued while pulling out of my driveway.