Chapter 19 - The chase and the freedom

Comenzar desde el principio

“Jean.” My heart thumped at the seriousness in her voice. I clenched my jaw and watched her uncertainly. “I want you to continue to pretend to hate me. You and everyone else.” Furey and Falman stiffened next to me. “W-why? Why should I hate you?!” I was getting more and more nervous now. Was she breaking up with me again? She couldn’t! I wouldn’t let her!

“This is for everyone’s safety. I know its hard for you, but if you don’t pretend…..Itachi will come after you. I wont let him hurt you. The secret of what we spoke about yesterday cannot leave your office…..and you have to make sure that people don’t like me. Its safer that way.” I clenched my fists and then grabbed her shoulders. “No! How can you expect me to hate you Mia?! I love you!”

She closed her eyes and clenched her jaw. “Jean….please. Do this for the people in the military. The innocent people who have families depending on them. When all this is over, I promise I will tell the truth to everyone….and I will return to you.” “Mia….” “I never break promises Jean.” She smiled but I was still hesitant. “But what if something happens? Maybe I should go with you.”

“No Jean, its too dangerous. You know you or any alchemist cant fight them. And I wont be able to protect you while fighting because this time….I’m not holding back.” Her eyes narrowed dangerously and her voice sounded deadly. I gulped and she closed her eyes and sighed. She looked at me and smiled. “Don’t worry…..I will come back. Alive.”

She leaned up and kissed my cheek softly. She made me let her go and she walked to Lee. “Are you ready?” “Yes ma’am!” Lee punched his fist up in the air and grinned. Mia took a deep breath while closing her eyes and when she opened them, they were red. Her eyes darted around and narrowed in one particular direction. “Lets get them.” She sneered and I watched as they disappeared in a flash.

“Lt Havoc….you made up with her? After seeing what she can do?” Furey asked me bewildered. I gave a smile in the direction she had gone and then turned to them. “I’ll explain things to you. Lets head back to the office.”

Misaki pov:

Lee and I jumped from roof to roof and then from branch to branch as I led the way to Itachi’s chakra. I wasn’t surprised….he was in Dante’s mansion. With the homunculi.

Looks like he had figured out that they were looking for the philosopher stone too. And somehow I could sense Scar’s chakra too heading towards Dante’s mansion but from the east of us. It would be quite a reunion since Envy, Lust and Greed were there too. I smirked and increased my pace.

Envy pov:

Stupid Pride! Honestly, what was he thinking calling on a sudden meeting? He said something had happened at Central….I was sure it was that b****! She had actually taken the guts to run away from us and Pride had actually let her stay in Central just because she said she wanted revenge on Darren.

And to make things worse, Darren and his partner Shane were here in the mansion saying that they could help us with the philosopher stone. It was actually kinda suspicious though…..why would 2 people suddenly pop out of nowhere to help a bunch of homunculi anyway? I think Dante was giving them way too much trust.

Besides, if that foolish girl wanted revenge against Darren, it was obvious that they were suspicious. And even though I did tell Dante and the others they didn’t believe me. I cant believe they were still treating me like this just because I let her escape. Then again, I was caught off guard too. I didn’t think she had the guts to run away and I cant believe that I didn’t even notice her gone until I got news that she was spotted in Central by Lust.

I walked to the window with a scoff and narrowed my eyes when I saw the stupid wench just outside the door of the mansion. What was she doing here? And who was the funny looking brat with her?