Chapter 12 - Ejected

Days pass by like seconds, and years like days. Soon, it'd been 4 years.
Landon and Cody are 18, 12th grade
Emily is 13, 7th grade
Andrew is 12, 6th grade

April 18th, Saturday

"Cody, Landon, are you two ready to go? You're going to be late to your baseball game!" Andrew called as he stood with Jay and Adam.

Erin had gone out with Kim and Emily for a girls' day while the guys were going to the twins' baseball game.

"Chill out, Boston, were coming." Landon said as he and Cody bounced down the stairs and out the door.

-/-/

"So, bubs, you have any homework?" Adam asked Andrew as they rode to the game.

"I might, but honestly, I have no clue. I usually count on my good looks and charming personality to get out of trouble in school." Andrew teased, causing Jay and Adam to laugh. Andrew was actually very smart and always on top of his grades, so his sarcasm was understood.

-/:-/:

"So, where are we going first?" Kim asked as Erin drove and Emily was in the backseat.

"I was thinking a spa day. I need a massage because let me tell you, it isn't easy sleeping with Jay." Erin said.

"Mom! No, gross!" Emily yelled, disgust on her face.

"Not that way! I mean that he takes up the entire bed sometimes and I end up with like 2 inches of mattress. Get your head out of the gutter." Erin teased.

-/:-/:

"What inning is it?" Andrew asked Jay and Adam, having just returned from playing with his buddies at the playground.

"Where've you been?" Jay asked having known he was with his friends, but not knowing where.

"Playground with Max and Brian."

"Aren't you a little old for that?" Adam teased.

"We were technically babysitting Max's little sister, so no. Now answer my question." Andrew said, sitting on Jay.

"It is the bottom of the 6th inning. Landon is
hitting, Cody's on deck." Adam answered.

"Wait, isn't that Drake Matthews? Landon's enemy?" Andrew asked as they watched the pitcher warm up.

"Yeah, there's been some serious tension between those two the entire game." Jay pointed out.

-/:-/:

"So, we got massages, some of us got our nails done, we ate some nice food. Now what?" Erin asked.

"Hey, what's with that 'some of us' stuff? I got a clear coat!" Emily protested. She'd always been a tomboy and would never paint her nails willingly, however, Kim had talked her in to a simple clear coat.

"I say we go shopping now. Target is calling my name." Kim said, Erin and Emily agreeing immediately.

-/:-/:

"He keeps fouling them off. I think Drake has thrown like 11 pitches this at-bat with Landon!" Andrew said, everybody on edge.

They watched as the pitcher wound up and let one fly, sending it right into Landon's leg. Landon fell to the ground, but immediately got up in pure rage.

He ripped off his helmet and threw it at Drake before charging the mound. The two began to brawl, both benches immediately clearing.

(Thanks to Bryce Harper and Hunter Strickland for the inspiration for this chapter

(Thanks to Bryce Harper and Hunter Strickland for the inspiration for this chapter... 😂😂).

The minutes that followed were chaos-filled as everybody worked to break the two apart. Drake was led away by his coach and Landon had to be restrained by Cody, 2 coaches, and an umpire.

"You are both ejected from this game!" The ump yelled at Landon and Drake.

"Fuck you all!" Landon yelled, getting out of everybody's hold and storming off the field.

"Landon Henry Halstead, get your ass over here now!" Jay demanded to his son as he stormed off.

Landon didn't answer, instead he just kept walking.