Chapter 1- A Crack in the Ice

"Is he awake?"

"I think so, he's moving."

"Jungkook....you okay?"

"Give him space! Come on, back up!" Jungkook could hear faint voices. He groaned and tried to open his eyes. His sight blurry, he saw dim figures hovering over him, whispering-or what he thought was whispering- was actually yelling. As he sat up, the voices and images became clearer, but his head became fuzzy, flashes of running and blood appeared.

"Ahh!" He clutched his head, the continuous images running through his mind. The picture was not clear.

"Jungkook!" Multiple voices yelled, all bodies in the room moved closer. The youngest looked to the side, the once blurry faces developing clear features. His vision now focused, he could see the concern written all over his friends' faces.

"Kookie....can you hear me?" Jimin asked, kneeling beside him and grasping his hand. Jungkook looked down at his hyung and sighed in relief. He nodded and squeezed Jimin's hand.

"That's the worst one yet." Another voice commented. Jungkook looked to the side to see one of his closest friends, Taehyung. The youngest only gave a sad smile and rested his head on his and Jimin's still clasped hands. Jungkook then looked up, seeing all of his hyungs except one.

"W-where's Yoongi-hyung?" His voice was groggy and soft, almost as if it would break if he talked any louder. The others looked down at him sympathetically. Taehyung decided to speak up.

"Well, you see....healing you kinda took a toll on him..." His voice trailed off, and his eyes moved to the other side of the room to a curtain. Namjoon sighed and pushed the curtains back to reveal a deathly pale Yoongi. Jungkook gasped, and tears welled in his eyes. He didn't care how much he got hurt, but seeing the people he loved having a hard time made him feel as though the world was ending. Jungkook then looked back up to Namjoon.

"He's been like this for two days."

Crack.

"Ah!" Jungkook clutched his head, images of a boy running flashed in his eyes.

"Jungkook?" Namjoon spoke again.

Crack.

"S-stop it....ahh..." The youngest groaned. He could hear it. The cracks, the panting, the ripping of skin. Flashes of Namjoon's face appeared. Blood ran down the older boy's face and a scar was on his jaw reaching down to his neck. "Run...run...run Namjoon! You need to leave!" Jungkook could no longer see anything. He could only hear it; the screams of his hyung. Jimin pulled Jungkook closer as the younger shook, blood dripping out of his ears. "Make it stop....please....I can hear it." None of the boys knew what to do. The deafening sound of Jungkook's cries and screams horrified them to the bone.

"Namjoon you need to leave." Taehyung looked to Namjoon.

"What? No way!" The older one glanced to Taehyung and then to Jungkook.

"It's obvious that you're a part of this one and you're triggering something." Namjoon looked at Jimin for help, but only got a nod of agreement. He sighed and scrunched his eyebrows. Glaring at the door, he felt scared for his Maknae.

"Alright, but tell me if anything else happens..." Taehyung nodded and Namjoon left the room with a heavy heart. Jungkook moaned out, his insides felt like they were burning from every which way.

"Stop! Please....Stop!" The room fell silent, only Jungkook's panting could be heard. Jimin looked down at the boy in his arms.

"Kookie?" The youngest looked up with terror in his eyes. "Kookie, what was it?" What Jungkook said shocked the others beyond all reason.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

////////////////////////////////////

"What does he mean by 'nothing?' It was obviously something if it caused him that much pain!" Namjoon yelled, looking at Taehyung as they walked along a corridor.

"I don't know. That's all he said before he went back to sleep." Tae shrugged while Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"I swear if that rat is up to this-"

"He wouldn't do this and you know it." Tae cut Namjoon off, waving his finger as if to scold the other.

"He's the only curser powerful enough to pull something off like this." Namjoon persisted, wanting to blame the Maknae's pain on someone.

"You've got to remember though Joonie. He's our friend now." Taehyung nudged the eldest and walked ahead. Namjoon just sighed and shook his head.

"Sure. Friend."

/////////////////////////////////

"Nothing huh?" A boy asked while he slid multiple books onto a large shelf.

"Yep, and then he went back to sleep." Tae told the story of Jungkook's vision.

"Well you can tell your brat to stop glaring at me, cause I didn't do it." The boy looked at Namjoon out of the corner of his eye. Namjoon huffed and looked to the side, avoiding the other's gaze.

"Joonie stop glaring." Taehyung nudged his 'brat.'

The boy laughed, "yeah joonie, with a nasty look like that, I'm not sure if you're mentally killing me or stripping me."

"You think I'd even touch nasty scum like you Hoseok?!" Namjoon's whole aura changed aggressively. Tae smacked Namjoon upside the head with a book and glared at his hyung.

"Don't say that about the sunshine." Hoseok tried to hold in a laugh, biting his lip to restrain himself.

"Go ahead and laugh asswipe." Namjoon grumbled. The other laughed while moving inks and scrolls into different cubbies in his library-like room.

"Gladly." Tae chuckled at his hyungs arguing, but soon stopped when his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Tae....there's a loner out here." Taehyung's eyes widened.

"What!?" He asked sternly, making hand gestures to seize Namjoon and Hoseok's bickering.

"There's a loner."

"What does he want?"

"We don't know....he's not....conscious." Tae looked to Namjoon and mouthed 'loner.'

"Be there in a minute." He ended the call and raced out of Hoseok's room and out of the coven entrance. When outside, he noticed the ground covered in white and sharp ice cycles hanging from every tree. Walking farther, he noticed a crowd ahead. "This way...Namjoon you first."

Crack.

"What type is he?"

"What does he want?"

"Is he dead?" Namjoon could hear whispers as he walked to the center of the circle. His eyes fell upon a light brown haired boy in the center. His bangs covered his face and his arms were bloodied, scars lining his neck frightened the people around him. Walking forward, the air seemed to get colder and almost unbearable. Namjoon moved the boy's bangs to clearly see his oddly beautiful face.

Crack.

Namjoon leaned closer, seeing the glowing mark on the boy's face struck fear through Namjoon.

Crack.

He's incredibly injured.

Crack.

I must help him.

Crack.

He's mine.

Crack.

Mate.

"He's here; the one."