Thirteen

Chrissy aka queen ^

She'll come up later... but don't worry, she won't get in the way of cake xxx

Chapter 13

Luke

Angrily, I pressed the end call button, slamming the phone on the table and earning a couple more looks from other customers in the café. One of the staff members approached us politely and said, "Could you please take any personal matters outside of the café?"

I rolled my eyes, grabbing my things and leaving. "Gladly."

Calum ran after me, stopping me with his hands. "Luke, you gotta slow down! I know you feel frustrated right now but this isn't the way to handle things. Getting mad will not solve your problems, nor is blaming your mother like that."

He made so much sense, but I didn't want to listen. For just once in my life I wanted to rebel, and not do as I was told. Be the bad kid for once. Jack caught up with us and slammed my shoulder.

"What the fuck are you going on about, telling mum not to come back?"

"You know I didn't mean that," I mumbled.

"You'd better sort this out, because I want to go home. I'm getting mites or something from the awful hygiene in that flat – so hurry up. I'm going back first. Thanks for the groceries."

Calum waved him goodbye and we walked to where he'd parked the car around the next block. "You okay?"

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"Let's go home and get some food in you, yeah? I'll cancel our mixing session today too – tell Ash and Mike to go out. We'll have the place to ourselves so we can watch a film or go in the pool, or do whatever you want to do. How does that sound?"

I smiled tiredly at Calum's beautiful face, leaning in for a well-needed hug. "Thanks Cal – you're awesome."

"I know."

~

Calum's promise was fulfilled and we ended up having a really sweet time – the weather outside was lovely and warm, so the pool was perfect. I made sure not to head too deep, staying in the paddling area whilst Calum pampered himself in the hot tub. We had freezing cold soft drinks and chomped through many packets of chips, feeding each other popcorn as we watched the entire first season of The Big Bang Theory.

We ordered a takeout and lit candles all over the living room, shutting the glass doors to the patio so the wind wouldn't interfere.

"Thank you so much Calum, this is so lovely," I thanked genuinely, snuggling into his warm shoulder.

"Well you know I would've cooked something if it weren't for the fact that it's currently one in the morning... c'mon, let's finish up – you've got school tomorrow, remember?"

I pouted. "I wanna stay here with you. School is so boring and meaningless..."

"Now, now Luke – that's not how I want you to think. There's more to school than trying to do well. You've got friends right? Daniel?"

I scoffed, digging into our midnight feast. "His parents banned him from being my friend, basically."

"What? Are you serious? That's ridiculous!"

"Yeah, I know right? Anyway, he's going out with Phil now, so he won't be spending that much time with me anyway."

"That may be true, but imagine what your mother would say if she found out you were skipping school just to hang out with me," he warned. He was right – she would flip. Education was important to her, even though it literally meant nothing to me.