28

(play song when told)

     Bells chimed in the morning, signalling it was time for preparations. The reception was being set up all night and Madelaine had already been fit for a dress. The entire time she was holding back tears and trying not to think of ways to kill Nathan. 

     All night, Gaston didn't sleep. The inn beds were comfy enough for it, he just couldn't shut his eyes. He was thinking of what would happen if they didn't get Madelaine back. What would happen to her? What would happen to France? More importantly, what would happen to Gaston? 

     He didn't have a clue what he would do with his life. He couldn't live without Madelaine. She made him feel like someone actually loved him. And now, now she was taken away from him. She had the choice, but King Edward also had the choice. And he made the wrong one. 

     The sound of knocking startled Gaston as he hovered over his bed. He eyes were watery as he was thinking, but he quickly blinked the tears away. He grabbed a shirt, pulling it over his body and walking to the door. He opened it, revealing Belle. He sighed, motioning for her to walk in. 

     "Gaston, we'll get her back," Belle said, immediately noticing how hurt he was. It was as if he was broken. 

     "Those are just words," he said, looking forward into the mirror. "They mean nothing until they come true." 

     "Then we'll make them come true," Belle said walking towards the hunter. "We'll make a fairy tale become a true story." 

     "Then let's get ready for a wedding," Gaston said, making Belle smile. 

          *****

     Madelaine stood in the middle of the room as she stared at the wedding gown in front of her. She didn't want to get in the dress. She wanted to take the scissors on the table next to it and go full on hunter on it. But she didn't. She slowly stepped towards the dress, accepting her fate. She wasn't going to get out of this one. 

(play song)

     After putting on the dress, she looked in the mirror. She wasn't going to cry. She wasn't going to cry. She was going to go in there, and she was going to sacrifice herself for Belle. Like she had before. The music outside started playing, signalling that it was her time to start walking. Madelaine breathed in, grabbing the roses from the table. Her eyes couldn't help but roll as she saw them.

     As the doors opened for her, everybody else stood. In the crowd was Lefou, Allison, Arthur Belle, and Adam. Gaston wasn't there. The guards wouldn't let him in, so he was going to be late. But Madelaine pushed that aside. She also noticed George in the crowd from the two weeks she was away from Gaston. It seemed like ages ago. It was only a mere few months. 

     She stopped at the pews, then walked to the steps. She stepped up, handing the roses to the woman behind her that she didn't even know. Madelaine looked over at Nathan who lifted the veil off her face, revealing the resting face of sadness. 

     "Ladies and gentlemen," the pastor started. And that was when Madelaine stopped listening. She didn't care that Prince Nathan was holding her hands. She only wanted it all to be over. 

     Meanwhile, Gaston was outside of the church. All of the guards had gone inside for the ceremony that anyone could get in and get one good shot at anyone in there. He breathed in, determination filling his body. He didn't smile, he smirked. For a long time in a while, a genuine smirk was plastered on his face that nobody could get off. 

    Madelaine didn't realize how much time had gone by until she realized the pastor said the words she hoped would save her. "If anyone would like to object, speak now or forever hold your peace."