17

(Extra long chapter because I didn't know how to end it and honestly it all fits in perfect harmony. Enjoy)

     "Hello Arthur," he said holding a hand out. "I'm Gaston."

     The Prince turned, taking the hand of the hunter. 

     "Nice to meet you. I believe we've never met before," Arthur smiled, letting go of Gaston's hand. 

     "No, but you have met someone very special to me," Gaston smiled, hoping he would take the hint about Madelaine. But Arthur only nodded, confused about who Gaston meant.

     "I'll make sure to remember that," Arthur nodded, walking away from Gaston. The bell signaling that it was eight o'clock chimed throughout the hall. Gaston smiled, looking out the window to the gardens. He rushed out of the door, towards where he knew she would be. 

     He grabbed the railing as he rushed down the stairs to the garden. He saw her standing at a little glass cover with a rose inside of it. A smile grew on his face, and he walked over to her. She didn't even turn her head to know he was there, she knew he was. 

     "So this is the rose," she said once he made it to her. He looked at her confused, then she looked up at him. "The rose that broke the spell." 

     "I guess it is," he breathed out in disbelief. He didn't know they still had it. Madelaine smiled, seeing Gaston's face reflect against the moonlight. It made her feel different inside, like there was something more than just love. 

     "Do you think anyone would care if we left right now?" she asked, stepping towards him. Gaston looked down at her, care growing on his face. 

     "I think they would understand," he shrugged. He held his arms out and she laced hers through his. 

     "So, in the five minutes I gave you, did you meet him?" Madelaine asked as they walked towards Gaston's horse and carriage. 

     "Yes, but he seemed quite confused with me," Gaston nodded, furrowing his eyebrows. "I don't think he knows that we are together." 

     "He knows I'm with someone, he doesn't know who, though," she sighed. The horse and carriage came into view, and Madelaine smiled to herself. 

     "Then tell him," Gaston said, stepping in front of her. She looked up at him as he put his hands on her arms. "Tell him yourself that you don't want to marry him and that you love me." 

     "I have told him that I don't want to marry him. I fear though, that he won't stop trying," she said, searching his face for anything besides worry. Nope, just worry. "Trust me." Gaston nodded, letting go of her arms. They walked to the carriage, and got in. Then back to the village they went. 

          *****

     Madelaine was still the first to wake up, this time she didn't get up to go hunting or get dressed at all. She moved her head and looked up at the man she loved. He was still asleep, which made Madelaine flutter with joy. 

     She didn't have to get up in that very moment. Usually she did, but now she's with someone so she doesn't. It's the upsides of sleeping with someone the night before. (wait what)

     Gaston started to groan, waking up himself. Madelaine smiled again, scooting away from him as he awoke. He then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back into him. 

     "You're trying to sneak away from me," he smiled without opening his eyes. 

     "No I'm not," she said with a smile on her face. She looked down his stomach an then to his shoulders where the scars from the wolves were. She traced her fingers over them, remembering how he confessed to her that night how he felt about her. Not even knowing he was talking about her. He told her she was beautiful, more than Belle. And she didn't know.