---Chapter 1---

Song playing- Air Catcher- twenty one pilots |-/

-----Veronica's POV-----

Waking up the following morning, I was absolutely paralyzed with fear when I had forgotten that I let Archie in yesterday. Of course after my breathing had calmed I rolled him over and, got out of bed to make myself coffee. We had school in a round an hour and a half. I would understand though if he decided to skip school. He had just gone through an unbearable experience and, I really did want to be there for him in these times. 

It was only around about 15 minutes later he finally got up. He shuffled towards me almost, unnaturally like, he had just been brainwashed into believing he was some kind of zombie. He showed zero emotion and, his eyes was still red. I sighed. I went over and handed him a warm mug of coffee.

"Hey Archikens how are you feeling today?" He looked at me longingly as if searching for an answer. He sat down, placing his mug on a coaster, digging his face into his hands, sighing.

"I don't know Ronnie I feel nothing. I just wish my dad was okay." My eyebrows automatically frowned. I felt myself tearing up but, I sucked it up and sat next to him, holding his hand.

"Wanna hear a funny story? Well even if you don't you are getting one. Basically when I first got here I kissed Betty for cheerleading tryouts and I'm not going to lie, I thought I liked her for a while." That when he looked up smirking with one eyebrow raised, laughing. Okay I know I wanted to make him laugh but, damn. 

"So Ronnie we getting to school or what? Because at this rate we will be late..." Realizing the time I grabbed Archie's hand and ran out the door locking it. He was half ready but I didn't care. I fixed his hair and dragged him down to the lobby where we left the building.

We was walking to school in pure silence. You could literally build a wall out of the tension.

"You know we could just skip today." I decided to speak up and say that because to be honest I wanted him to go to his dad.

"I got a text from my mum this morning. I didn't tell you but it said, 'your dad is in a coma like state. There is a 50% he probably won't wake up. Live your life archie.' So yeah let's do it. Let's skip." I hadn't realised that was what he was feeling like but, I still thought that not going to school was wise.

It was cold outside anyway today and, our school needs to invest into some better heating because, I swear one day I'm going to die in one of those classes. We started to head to his stopping at the shop on the way to get snacks so we could watch movies.

In the store Archie was silent and it was scaring me. After I purchased the items we went to his house as no one would be home and, my dad was home today. So, I didn't want him to kill archie anymore than he is already dead.

As we entered Archie's house he plummeted onto his sofa and, turned on the TV.

"I'm absolutely shattered still." He said in a husky voice.

"How?!?" I giggled and cuddled next to him. He looked down and smiled at me. He turned on Netflix and put on a movie for us to watch.

We both sat there and ate and ate and... ate. It was a magical how two teenagers got through food that fast. It had already gotten dark outside by the time we had turned off Netflix.

I checked the time. It was 10:30pm. How on earth? Don't ask me.

"Jesus the time do you mind if I stayed over?"

"That's fine... smash?"

"Shut up while I call my mum will you."

"Hi mum is it okay if I stayed at Betty's tonight? Yes I know. He can see me tomorrow. I don't care. It's only one night Jesus. Thanks love you."

"Who's he?" Archie asked me with curiosity laced in his voice.

"He is hiram lodge."

"He's home then."

"Yeah..."

"Anyways let's get to bed yeah?"

"Sure." We went upstairs to his room where I took off my shirt and trousers and put on one of his shirts. As we got in bed I looked into his eyes on accident when he kissed me. I really missed him being like this... so much. I looked out his window to see Betty closing hers. Looks like all of riverdale is sleeping.

"Night archie I love you."

"I love you too Ronnie."

---------------------
I know it's a miracle I updated anyways I'm just gonna sleep now

-Jodie