--Prologue--

Song playing- Lights, Ellie Goulding.

-----Archie's POV-----

I was sat outside my dad's hospital room, fiddling with my sleeves. I was in pure shock and, my stomach felt like a hurricane. It was flipping and the room was turning. Course as I was, I tired to play it off but, the constant sting in my eyes couldn't wave the white flag. A minute felt like an hour and every doctor that walked past filled me with a overwhelming stab in my heart.

Eventually for what have felt like years a doctor walked next to me. The feeling grew stronger.

"Mr. Andrews, your father has a punctured lung and, this could be fatal. We can't tell you just yet but, there is an 35% chance he will live. He lost a lot of blood but, he is a fighter and, he is trying. We recommend you go home and get some rest and, come back tomorrow." I felt the cold, wet tears roll down my face. The feeling was now unbearable. I shuffled out the room to the pure darkness of the ending of a hard day.  The sky was beautiful, peaceful and, it led me to the last place I wanted to be. 

I was outside Veronica's house, my shaking hand knocking gentle three times. I was weak and, I didn't want Ronnie to know that but, every nerve in my body told me to come here. As I heard someone shuffle to the door, the feeling began to die away. I threw my head back and took in a deep breath. 

The door swung open to show Veronica, no makeup, dressing gown, bed hair and a sleepy face. As soon as she saw me her expression dropped and she took me into a long, emotional embrace. Everything I had been holding in exploded and I began to break down in Veronica's arms.

"He might die. Ronnie what should I do?" I was crying uncontrollably by this point and, Veronica was also crying. She held my hand and, took me inside. We went to her room as, her mum went to visit her dad, Hiram Lodge, to help him get released. When I hit her bed I swung off my shoes and my jacket leaving me in my jeans and sweater. My ginger hair had been messed beyond being able to fix and, I had no energy, at all. Veronica sensed this and, she led next to me comforting me till I fell asleep. She really is my everything.

-------------------------------------------------

Okay okay okay ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm lowkey so excited to write this guys. So this was only a prologue to get what going on. The next chapters will be longer so, get prepared. Okay anyway, its late so, Ill do next chapter tomorrow x (lol that never happened lol im ded)

-Jodie