Chapter 5

The rest of the day was a blur. I remember listening to Loki reading a book and then dreaming about frost giants. I woke to the smell of forest. Ugh I hated falling asleep in the forest. I opened my eyes to find I was not alone. Loki was lying next to me. He looked so innocent like a child. I smiled at him and got up to brush my self off. I decided I wanted some breakfast. I began to walk away but turned to look at Loki. Should I leave him here? Ah he'll be alright. I walked to the dinning hall to find it empty. How early was it? I walked to the kitchen and found it empty. It must be early if there are no chefs up. I grabbed some eggs, bread, bacon, and a frying pan. I walked out of the dinning hall and almost walked into someone.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I looked up to see Odin right in front of me. "Hello child. I can see you're hungry." I gave him a nervous smile. "I walked into the kitchen and there were no chefs. So I grabbed some thing to make our breakfast." Odin's eyebrows rose. Crap! I said our. "Our breakfast? May I ask who else you're cooking for?" What was I suppose to do? Lie to him or tell him I fell asleep with Loki in the forest. I went to say something but Odin stopped me. "It is alright child. You do not have to explain yourself to me." I smiled. I began to walk away when Odin said something. "Oh be sure not to burn down the forest please. I do like looking at it. And tell my son he should tell me when he's not going to sleep at home. His mother was so worried last night." I nodded shocked that Odin knew. "Enjoy your breakfast." Odin walked away smiling. I turned and ran to the forest. Why was I surprised that Odin knew? He was Odin? I found Loki right where I left him. I set the food down and went to go find some fire wood. When I returned Loki was gone. Where did he go? This day is just full of surprises. I set the wood down and started a fire. I started cooking the eggs and bacon. My mind started to wonder. How did Odin know we were in the forest? It was driving me crazy. I mean I know he is Odin but his palace was so big with so many rooms. Couldn't Loki have been in one of those rooms? As I sat there wondering someone touched my shoulder. I jumped up and I saw Loki smiling at me. "Where did you go?" He smiled. "I thought we would need some juice with our breakfast." He held up a jug of juice and two cups. I smiled. "Good idea." He leaned in and kissed me. We sat down by the fire and I served our breakfast. "You know, I should have thought to grab plates when I went to get juice." I started to laugh. "Yeah you would think I would have thought of that." We both laughed and ate some of our breakfast. I decided I would tell Loki of my run in with his father. "I walked into your father this morning, literally." Loki looked up, "Oh and how was that?" "It was fine. He knew you were in the forest with me. He wants a warning next time, your mother was worried." He nodded. He looked a bit surprised. "Really? I was expecting to hear much worse." Much worse? Why would he expect much worse? "Why would it be worse? I left Odin on good terms." Loki stared at me, his expression was blank. "My father was madder yesterday then I led on. He was in a fury actually. That's why it took so long for me to get you. He needed to calm down so he could think clearly." I looked at Loki. Why did he keep this from me? "Thor got to him before I did and over dramatized everything. When I walked in Odin was shouting to the guards to go get you and throw you in jail until he thought of a punishment for you. I stopped him and tried to calm him down. It took three hours for him to finally think clearly. He realized Thor made things appear worse then they actually were. That's when I went to get you." I couldn't believe it. "So Odin wanted me locked up?" "Well yes and no. He wasn't thinking clearly. I had to clear up his mind." Loki took a sip of his drink and smiled at me. "Don't smile. You had to "clear up his mind"? What do you mean by that?" Loki's smile disappeared from his face. The look of realization appeared on his face. "I don't mean anything by it." Yeah right. "Loki don't lie to me. I'm not a fool I can tell you're lieing to me." He nodded. "Ok I had to use a bit of magic on my father to clear his head." "What? You used magic on your own father? Loki that wasn't necessary!" His face hardened. I noticed a flash of blue in his eyes. "It was necessary Loviisa! If I didn't do so you wouldn't be sitting here with me! You would be Odin knows where banished from your home!" I was surprised he was yelling. He was standing over me huffing and puffing. I didn't know he got like this. And I thought I had a short temper? And what was with his eyes? "Loki calm down. I'm sorry I just didn't want you to risk getting in trouble for me." He seemed to calm down. He sat back down and lowered his head into his hands. We sat in silence for a few minutes. I felt a slight chill even though we were by a fire. "I need to get a handle on my anger. It's not like me to loose my temper." He started to laugh. "I'm turning into my brother." I gave him a slight smile. "Maybe you should stop hanging around me so much. I seem to be rubbing off on you." Loki lifted his head up. He looked a little worried. "Don't say that. It's just the stress I've been under, not you. You are not changing me at all." Stress, what stress? Loki always seemed to be care free and now he's stressed. "You're under stress? What's bothering you?" He shook his head. "Nothing, nothing at all love. Why don't we stop this conversation and go for a swim?" He stood up and grabbed my hand. I pulled away. He's hiding something from me. "Loki what are you hiding from me?" Loki smiled weakly. "I'm not hiding anything love. Come lets go swimming." He tried to pull me again but I pulled away again. He's lieing. I stood up, "Loki stop lieing. Just tell me the truth. That's all I ask." His face change from a smile to a frown. "Fine but I didn't want to tell you. People have been talking. They…they don't want me to be with you. They say you'll ruin me." I shook my head. So that's what people have been saying? Siff was write things were getting worse not better. "I told them other wise though. I've been defending you. I told them that you may have a short temper but I am working on controlling it." "Working on controlling it? What the hell does that mean? It sounds like your talking about a pet you're trying to control!" I turned to Loki. What was he saying? Telling people he was trying to control me? I felt my temper rising. "Loviisa I didn't mean anything by it. I was just trying to defend you." "Defend me? You sound like you're on a quest to stop an animal from terrorizing the village!" Loki's face hardened again. "I wouldn't have to sound like that if you just controlled yourself! Do you know how hard it is to hear people talking about the one you love? It's unbearable!" I shook my head. So that's what he thought of me. A thing he needed to control. My temper was gone I couldn't stop my self. "If I'm so unbearable Loki then maybe we shouldn't be together!" As the words left my mouth I saw Loki's face sadden. His voice lowered, "Maybe we shouldn't. I'm sorry I let it go this far. I should of just left you alone like you asked." With that Loki walked away. I stood there trying to comprehend what just happened. I just lost the best thing that happened to me. I burst into tears. I fell to the ground crying so hard I was shaking.

After a few minutes of crying I got up and decided I needed to do something.