The Rise and Fall of a Viking

(I do not own Marvel comics, Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter. All rights go to there authors)

Intro

Asgard: a beautiful place of peace and prosperity. A home to gods and goddesses. Asgard was my home. I was born and raised in Asgard till that one faithful day. Before I can get into what happened I must give a back round on how things went wrong.

            I was not like all the other girls in Asgard. Being a girl you were expected to learn to be polite and responsible. Do what ever you were told and when you were told. You had to dress nice and wear dresses. But that was not my style. I liked running around and being loud. Having fun fighting other kids pretending to be warriors off to battle the frost giants. Many gods and goddesses did not approve of this but that's just how I was and I was not alone. There were a few other girls that were like me. We often joined forces against the boys when we would pretend battle. Once we reached the age of five we were sent to Battle lessons. I was one of three girls their, the rest were boys. The teacher would give us the basics and then lets us spar. I was always with the same group: Me, Siff, and Freja. We were the only girls and well we had to stick together. One day during battle practice a boy kept making snide remarks about girls not being able to fight.

            "If you asked me girls should be kept at home and away from battle." said the boy. "Good thing nobody asked you Goldie locks!" I shouted at him. I had a very short temper for a ten year old and everyone knew to fear it. All the boys burst out laughing and the yellow haired boy began to blush. "Do you know who I am?' he asked "I am an Odin son." That honestly didn't make a difference to me. "Are you I thought you were a girl with all that hair." The boys face turned beat read and he started to run at me. I never back down from a challenge so I ran at him too. We were about to collide when a hand grabbed us. There was Odin smiling down at us. He put some distance from me and the boy and turned to me. "Hello there. I see your enjoying your practice a little too much." I blushed. I didn't want to get in trouble by Odin. He smirked and asked "What is your name child?" "My name is Loviisa." I said. He smiled and said "Loviisa you must learn to control your temper. It is not good for a young one to have so much anger." I nodded to show I understood. Odin then turned and looked down at the boy with a frown on his face. "I thought I raised you better than to attack a girl? You must never do so again. Do you understand Thor?" Thor looked up at his father and nodded his head. Practice was over and I walked off with Siff and Freja. We walked for a while and finaly someone spoke. Siff turned and said "Why did you do that? Why did you have to attack Thor?" I stopped walking and looked at her. "Because he insulted us. He had to be corrected." "He didn't mean anything by it. He was just joking." I turned and looked at her. She looked upset. "Why does it matter? You have never said anything before when we yell at the boys." Her face started to get pink "I never yell anything at the boys its you who always says something! You need to control your self or else your going to get us in trouble!" " Control myself! How can you say that? I've always defended you Siff and now you choose to yell at me about my temper!" I could tell I was starting to loose my temper. Freja had a nervous look on her face. "Come on guys. Stop fighting." I looked at Siff, she looked angrier than I've ever seen her. I decided to walk away before I really lost it. "You're just jealous! You wish you were more like a boy so you could fight and not be looked down upon!" I turned around and looked at Siff. "You think I'm jealous of Thor and the boys? Wow Siff and I thought you were smart. I'm not jealous of anyone! I'm proud to be a girl warrior, there's not many of us and I like that I'm one of a rare kind." Siff's eyes started to mist. She looked at Freja. "What do you think? Do you think she's just jealous and needs to control her temper?" Freja looked torn. She was friends with both of us and didn't want to insult the other. I couldn't wait any longer for Freja to answer. "You know what Siff? I think you like Thor. I see the way you look at him. It's obvious." Siff blushed and I saw Freja stiffen and give Siff a dirty look. "If you care more about that boy then our friendship then leave I don't want to be bothered with you anymore!" Siff started to cry "Fine! You won't have to be bothered with me anymore! I'm leaving!" I watched Siff run away crying. I turned around and looked at Freja. "What?" She looked at me and said "You do realize you made a big mistake. You just lost one of your best friends." " She's no friend of mine. If you want to talk to her go ahead I won't stop you." Freja turned and walked away, "I wasn't asking permission." With that I watched my friend walk away and things were never the same since.