Chapter Eighteen

After dinner I danced with my Dad. We talked and he recalled all my childhood. Then I switched partners and am now dancing with Zack.

"You seem happy". He smiled down at me.

"I am". I sighed happily.

He spun me around.

"Your really good at this". I peered up at him.

"I had much practice from Grandma". He chuckled.

"That's so sweet". I looked around for Grandma who was dancing with an older gentleman.

"She seems happy". I gestured to her.

Zack looked over at her.

"She always was quite the charmer". He sighed.

"I wanna give you something". Zack stared at me.

"Yeah?". I looked into his eyes.

All the amusement was gone out of his eyes.

He pulled a dark blue box out of his suit pocket. He opened it to reveal a beautiful rose gold promise ring. My eyes immediately teared.

"Zack? What's this for?". I asked as he slid it on my finger.

"To symbol that even if we're mad at each other, or have a fight I'll always be here for you". He smiled softly.

I threw my arms around him. He was the bestest friend a girl could ask for.

"It's beautiful". I stared at the ring.

This made my night.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday morning was hectic. I hadn't opened any of my birthday gifts. So Grandma forced me out of bed and downstairs to open each one. Bailey sat at my feet. The first gift was from Dad. It was a new pair of heels. I smiled. The next was from Mom it was a stuffed toy for Bailey. I gave it to him and he grabbed it and ran away. The next was from Zack. It was a purse. WITH MONEY IN IT!!!!!

"Zack how much is this?". I looked to him.

"A little over $1000?". He winced knowing I was going to try and give it back.

I threw the purse at him playfully.

"You guys spoil me". I gave them all hugs.

"Well we have one more gift". Mom winked to Grandma.

"Ok where is it?". I shrugged.

"We have to go to it. So get dressed and we'll go". Mom beamed.

I ran upstairs and showered, getting dressed.

I ran back downstairs and out of the door. I got in the back seat of Mom's car and we were off.
-----------------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later, we pulled up to a tall building.