Coincidence

What if Phillip saw Lukas from across the counter.

Phillip's POV (I know I do it alot)

There's nothing like locking eyes with a stranger and making an actual connection. It's something really special.

There's also reality. Where you can spend a good hour of year life setting up profiles and wait for someone to slide into your dms.

I don't really mind though, but every once in a while I get a message from a guy, whose profile picture is either his chin or his abs, asking for nudes.

Speaking of, i'm siting here waiting for one of those guys. I have officially given up on my love life.

I know that I had swiped right on him too, and that I had gotten myself into the situation, but he was sweet enough.

He wanted to meet in a bakery/café thing in the middle of town. He just seemed like a kind, but cocky, guy who I want to meet. I don't think I'll get the chance though.

He was standing me up. It's six-thirty 8and he was supposed to be here at six.

I looked around the café, and tried to ignore the embarrassment which was growing in my gut.

Just then, I locked eyes with a guy in a corner booth. A lanky blonde. Even though he looked nervous, he was really cute. Pointed nose, light eyes.

He turns his head, and our eyes meet. He isn't nervous anymore. There's a little smile peeking through his shaky demeanor.

I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled softly, coming out of his shell a little more.

I looked away when he picked up his phone.

I bet he got stood up too. I bet he's an introverted soul. Likes to keep to himself, but has a big heart.

My daydreaming was interrupted by my phone vibrating. Instead of actually opening it, I just read the notification.

Sorry. Can't make it.

To avoid flipping the table I breathed deeply. Steadily picking up my phone to respond.

After typing out the spam of curse words and utter profanity, I contemplated actually sending it.

Right when I was about to delete everything and type out a 'Maybe next time' I heard a raspy voice from beside me.

"Hey. I'm Lukas. The sweaty guy from the booth." I chuckled nervously. ""I wanted to know if this seat was taken."

I sent the message, then brought my full attention back to him.

"I am wanting for a blond with pretty eyes to steal it." I said while giving him a cheeky smile.

He returned the smile and sat. His phone lit up, and I paid it no mind.

"I'm Phillip."

This has been sitting in the drafts, half written, for a month. For why?
~Little Love