That Jobberknowl Romeo's Plan

Start from the beginning

"What the heck?! Who is that?!" I hear voices shouting from outside. I finally come back to rest on the back of the seat when both me and Melissa's doors were thrown open.

"Faye?!" Rose screams when she opens my door and sees me. Alec stands speechless at Melissa's door, unmoving as both of us recover our breaths. "You were dead!"

"Thanks for the recap," I say impatiently, unbuckling and stepping out of the car. "But is your idiot friend who won't pick up his phone here?"

"He-he went inside," Alec answers in a stunned voice. I love how they both know exactly who I'm talking about the minute I say the word idiot. I groan.

"That jobbernowl," I say, irritated. "Now I have to go in and get him."

"But-but-but," Alec stutters.

"Doesn't matter," Melissa tells him simply. "You two stay here." She gets out of the car, quickly stepping around Alec.

"What? Her? What?" Rose asks.

"This is Beatrice, the second high wizard under Fairchild," I say simply, not stopping to fully take in their baffled expressions.

"WHAT?!" they both shriek.

"Shush. We're outside an oh-so-secret-lair uninvited, aren't we?" I tell them with a silencing look. They both shut up. They look speechless. I guess it is kind of shocking when two people show up, one known to be dead and the other unknown to be a wizard. A day full of surprises I guess! Suddenly I hear a gruff voice sound through the grass.

"It came from over there!" the man yells.

"Crap." Alec says.

"They found us," Melissa says.

"Dang it!" Rose growls.

"Darn Disheveled Dumbledores," I hiss in frustration.

"Oh gosh it's really her," I hear Alec say under his breath. Are my odd Harry Potter references really all I'm going to be remembered by?! Actually, you know what, I'm okay with that.

The grass to the side of the cars is parted by a pair of hairy, clawed hands that are about the size of my entire face. Holy mother of Yoda. Two ginormous figures step through and I quickly identify their bearded toothy faces as that of werewolves. Particularly terrifying werewolves of that.

"Where does Ryan come across these guys?!" Melissa asks in awe.

"Hey! That's the dead girl!" one of them exclaims, looking to me. Ok, this whole 'dead girl' thing is just not cool anymore.

"I'M NOT FREAKIN' DEAD!" I roar at the man, accidently hurling the hood of Melissa's car at the werewolf, slamming into his face and leaving a face-shaped dent in it. He falls backwards and the hood falls away from him, revealing his black, blue, red and very much swollen face. He stumbles, dizzily, to a standing position.

"Why you little-" he growls at me but before he can finish Alec rushes forward and puts him out with a single, skull cracking punch at the werewolf.

"You're not going to kill my best friend's girlfriend again YOU JOBBERNOWL!" Alec yells. I can't help but stifle a laugh. He called him a jobbernowl...

The other man starts onto Alec from behind but Rose jumps in front of him and throws an uppercut that I wasn't aware she was able to do at the man's jaw. He stumbles back but wastes no time coming back at her with a clawed swipe that sounds like grating steel against her hard skin. She hisses in pain as she falls back, deep, bloodless gashes are left in her arm.

"HEY!" I bark at the man, causing him to turn around. I send a swift kick where it really hurts. He grunts, falling forward to his knees with a pained expression. I know, not classy or anything but it works. Rosaline slams her knee into the back of the pained werewolf's head causing his eyes to roll back before they close and he collapses. Melissa stands opposite of us with a baffled look on her face.