the secret of beauty

It's said, that beauty lies in simplicity.

Following that theory, one comes to the conclusion that the most simple things inherit beauty in ways no luxury could offer. It's hidden, yes, not see-through for those who don't understand it, but once it is seen, one can not let go of it easily. A simple lifestyle with simple food, simple clothes, simple housing, simple people around. Simplicity at its core.

Is that beauty?

Or is it more accurate to say beauty is found in complexity?

The universe, with its endless expansion, suns and moons and nebulas and the birth of black stars. The unsiverse with all its life, the one complexity above all. One so many seek answers from.

So is it simplicity or complexity?

One offers comfort and ease, the other a life on tiptoes, reasons to keep asking questions, keep pushing forward, like a ship that keeps fighting through stormy waves.

I always asked myself these questions.

Which way is better to live?

I am still seeking the answer to this question. Maybe one day I will come to the conclusion that there is no real answer. No yes or no.

Maybe it is all just a mix of simplicity and complexity. How humans seek complexity but pray for simplicity. Always feeling the need to stay a mistery on the outside and a simple puzzle on the inside. Or the other way round.

See, I don't really have a clue. I've never had a clue. Too many questions in my head have been left unanswered, un-understood. I am not given the ability to form them into words. And thus they don't live long lifes.

But perhaps, after meeting you, after spending time with you, the answer to beauty has neared me a little bit, being the first to do so in a while.

Maybe, maybe, maybe, like an enigma to a boring outcome, maybe, simplicity lies in complexity, and complexity lies in simplicity and in that is hidden the answer to beauty.