Before her father could speak, Thennil raised her eyes from the marble floor and looked straight into the old wizards eyes,"Forgive me, Saruman, but I will speak as I see fit. I have seen many of these worldly things of which you speak, and they are not beautiful in any way, they disgust me to no end. Until I see you arming yourself and walking into battle, please do not ask me to hold my tongue. I know the horrors of this world." Along with the fact that you are a power hungry old man who is jealous of Mithrandir, which you do have some cause for because he is more pleasant that you. She finished in her mind. He did not fully trust Saruman, he greed for power, though small now, could be his undoing in the future if he did not reign it in.

"Thennil!" Her grandmother warned, tone low in reprimand, her hands gripping the arms of her throne.

"I will not take back my words, because they are true. I for one do not wish to be apart of a council were a person cannot speak their own mind. I have seen and experienced what holding your tongue can do, and I will not participate in such a twisted thing as this could become," she spoke softly, knowing that her Father and even her Grandmother had some of the same trepidations about the wizard as she did, though they seldom voiced his concerns.

"There is some wisdom in the youths of Earendil's line," muttered Mithrandir, stroking his grey beard, pride shining in his eyes.

Saruman was not as impressed,"I think that this council is best left to those who are older, but you may remain if the other's prefer."

Those seated around them nodded their heads in agreement, she could stay, though it would not be pleasant.

Hours later

"How can you not see that his strength is gathering? The ring has been lost for a millennia, but if he has returned then he anticipates that it shall reappear! Would it not be best to find this ring and stop him from further action? It could and would save so many innocent lives," she argued, very passionate about keeping those around her safe.

The council had spoken of many topics, picking them apart, examining them, and making calculated assumptions about ways to snuff the evil out. Everyone seemed to be avoiding the topic of Sauron, dancing around it like one would dance around a rabid dog, wary, and yet curious at the same time. After what seemed like centuries she had finally guided the conversation back to what worried her most, an old enemy whose whole plan was to bring every people to their knees before him. Being ignored by those who had more years to their name, but who had chosen to discard their wisdom was provoking her to no end.

"If Isildur had thrown it into Ordain, then we would not be having this conversation, but since he did not, you must pester us when there are other things at hand that are important!" Saruman huffed, beyond feeling any remorse for his tone when addressing the daughter and granddaughter of his companions.

"Isildur wanted no part of that, he felt that he could use it for good, but a thing crafted by such an evil being and for such an evil purpose cannot be redeemed so easily, if at all. I could not convince him to part with it once it was within his reach, though it pained me to do so," her father whispered, eyes glazed over as if he were reliving the moments over again.

"Since you were with him, and knowing the faint hearts that men have you would have been better to have taken it from him and tossed it in yourself or pushed him into the fires," the wizard growled, cracking his boney knuckles.

Everyone inhaled sharply at the wizards rude remark, though they were not totally fazed by his actions, he was very blunt and to the point when he was faced with what he felt was the foolishness of those around him, even if it was in face not as foolish as he thought it be.