Chapter 3 || Jeffrey

After Bill started Hogwarts, it was lonely without him. He still wrote and visited, but it just wasn't the same. Plus, the next year, there were more little brothers. Fred and George were troublesome even as little babies, and Mummy was always busy with them, leaving Charlie to take care of Jeffrey and Percy.

Jeffrey thought it was fun being taken care by Charlie, but soon Charlie had to leave with Bill, too. Then the year after Charlie left, Ron was born. Jeffrey was now busy with his younger siblings, and they were quite a handful.

The next year, Jeffrey was finally 9. He thought it was pretty neat, but Mum and Dad were more concerned with Bill's O.W.Ls and him becoming a prefect. And Charlie was doing amazing on the quidditch team, so it wasn't like Jeffrey's birthday was a big deal. Not when Percy had read one of Jeffrey's books all by himself already and the twins and Ron were making chaos. Sometimes, Jeffrey would go outside and get on his broomstick and just fly. It felt like that was the only thing he was good at, but it wasn't like Mum and Dad were going to notice.

Especially not when Ginny came along. She was the first girl in one hundred years, and the only other Weasley girl born into the family had traveled all the way from London to meet her. That's how Jeffrey spent his last year of being a kid in charge of his little brothers.

When he got his Hogwarts letter, he was super excited. When they went shopping for the school year, Diagon Alley seemed even more magical than it normally did, probably since it was him who was buying everything. When it was time to go to school and Jeffrey ran through the brick wall and onto the foggy train station, not for the first time, it was a dream come true. He said his goodbyes then, feeling important, and followed Charlie onto the train. Bill, since he was Head Boy, had his own compartment on the train. Jeffrey grinned as the train pulled away, taking him to a whole new world.