chapter one || opening 😜

N E V A E H  K I N G ||
a rose turned to dust 🥀

N E V A E H  K I N G || a rose turned to dust 🥀

Detroit, Michigan

________________________

"Don't fucking touch me! " Nevaeh quickly snatched away from his grip but he grabbed her waist and roughly bumped his front in her back. She bit her bottom lip closing her eyes tightly.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am" he whispered softly in her ear as tears slid down her cheeks. He held her wrists and wrapped his arms tightly around her slim figure.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I promise. Just please." He pleaded while placing kisses on her neck. Nevaeh tried wiggling out of his embrace but she only grew weaker. She finally gave up and fell back in full blown tears.

"It hurts, it hurt so bad Joseph." She sobbed as he picked her up bridal style carrying her back into their one bedroom apartment. He enters and carry her to the bathroom. He stripped her outta her clothes and ran some bath water. He bend down and wiped her remaining tears. She slowly rose her head up revealing her swollen black eye.

He kisses her temple softly and places his forehead on top of hers with both hands on her head as she's breathing in his scent. She closed her eyes and just start to think.

Why does he continue to hurt me ? Each time those words drag across his lips, "I love you" I can feel my heart melt in my chest. I can feel the butterflies escape and the shallow that drapes across me being lifted as I reach for the clouds.

As I look in his eyes I can see the devil himself and the anger building up each time I reach out to touch him. My fragile heart I place in his hands and each time he holds it close to his chest he then throws it, shattering it and breaking the pieces I had once put together: every time he raises his hand.

Nevaeh walks towards the tub.

She has her back towards Joseph as he bathes her

She has her back towards Joseph as he bathes her. He gently place kisses on her shoulder blades. He kiss her neck once more before continuing what he was doing. A tear threatens to escape her eye, he grabs her face to turn her body around. He kisses her soft lips with so much passion. His tongue dominates hers as they go to war, and his winning. He pulls back taking a breathe looking her in her eyes. He slides his thumb across her bottom lip just starring at her. His eyes are dark, almost as if it's filled with nothing but darkness. His eyes tell a story, a closed book, and with every turn of a page you unlock a new mystery.

Once his finished he wraps a towel around her body and let her step out. Once they're in the bedroom,

he walks to the closet and grab a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt

he walks to the closet and grab a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt. Nevaeh sits on the edge of the bed watching his every move. He is easily triggered and the littlest thing can make him snap.  He toss the clothing on the bed and walk out, saying nothing.

Once Nevaeh is dressed she quietly gets into bed, she grabs Joseph's pillow and deeply inhale his scent. She closes her eyes as her mind is racing and her heart is pounding, she silently sobs and all you can hear is the echo of a caged heart, screaming to be free of the chains that drags her down each time she opens her mouth to speak.

________________________

Hope you enjoyed it, first time doing this so I'd like your feedback. Another chapter coming soon as well as Joseph's character 🤧 sorry for the short chapter 😩