He closed his eyes, seeking comfort from the darkness. The voices in his head did nothing to comfort him. Things were too chaotic. A disorganized mess would do nothing for the betterment of anyone.

"Chanyeol, stop. You're drunk, I get that."

"I'm not drunk, Baekhyun. A few shots don't do anything to me."

"And why is that?" Baekhyun asked, sounding spiteful. He didn't mean anything by it, except his anger unhinged his filter. Chanyeol looked beyond betrayed by the way he was spoken to, sensing the trust between them beginning to wither and fade by the second. "Do you drink often? With your friends... With kids who do this kind of thing?"

"Baekhyun--"

"Answer my question, Chanyeol."

Regardless of his statement, the alcohol did have an effect on him. Chanyeol couldn't admit to it. The polite and soft spoken giant had disappeared, though not completely. It untightened the tense boy, allowing loose his words and desires.

"Yeah. I do." Chanyeol gave no indication of being apologetic about his confession. It was all said in blatant bitterness as if to jab the other's feelings. "I get invited to parties. I don't go all the time, but when I'm free, I go... Don't look so upset--Is that why you stayed out here? Because I was drinking--"

"No."

"Well, you look even worse now that I just told you why." Chanyeol tried to touch him but Baekhyun stepped to the side. "Talk to me, please."

"It won't matter... It won't matter at all." Baekhyun kept his eyes low. "No matter how many times we talk, it won't matter, because I still won't know anything about you, Yeol..."

Chanyeol was a figure too good to be true. His flaws were miniscule, often ones Baekhyun found too juvenile to account for. But the light on him was beginning to dim. He was the sun, but the day was beginning to set. In the natural order of things, night would eventually have its time.

"Why're you saying that?" Chanyeol asked, voice rough and faint. "You know everything there is to know about me. I haven't hid anything from you, Baek."

"Are you kidding me? I didn't know you drank.You're lying to me right now." Laughing softly, Baekhyun shrugged. "But that's fine. This is Korea and, besides that matter, I lied to you about eating, so I guess it makes us even in the end. I don't like ending things feeling like I'm in debt."

"No, Baekhyun. That's not--"

"I'll apologize to the others when I'm at work next time... I think I need to go home, because I'm not in the mood for any of this anymore."

Turning to his left would've forced Baekhyun to walk through an alley way, and at that time of night, it wouldn't have been so wise. But going right meant having to deal with Chanyeol's massive body looming over him, ready to stop him at any given moment. However, much to his surprise, Chanyeol did nothing when he slipped past him, heading towards the main street.

Maybe it was for the best. Baekhyun could still feel his head throbbing over the situation. It wasn't so much Chanyeol's drinking or the fact that his ex-girlfriend was pregnant that bothered him, though her pregnancy did tick him off in the strongest way possible. There were so many things that he didn't know about him despite how Chanyeol seemed to soak in every single detail about him, memorizing it all like the back of his hand.

He walked fast for no reason beyond his need to leave and reach home as quickly as possible. He planned to take the bus, but held little hope in making the bus' closest schedule.

Despite the noises and people around him, Baekhyun felt isolated. Kyungsoo was always one call away. Going home where Chanyeol could easily barge in and try to coax him out of his shell seemed like a daunting thought. He didn't need the boy making him feel better, because the brunet knew that the giant definately would appease him. Chanyeol would try and he'd succumb, but Baekhyun knew it was dangerous. With Chanyeol, his eyes were always closed. For the first time since they began dating, they were peaking open.