Success

Kyungsoo's persistency in trying to convince the isolationist to speak and sway Chanyeol into giving up his place in the arrangement broke Baekhyun two days after the initial news of the rooming plan came about, giving the brunet no choice but to go to one of the giant's practices. It was beyond his normal activity, however, to step foot in the gymnasium after he was free to leave school grounds with no penalty at all. When he walked inside, he immediately felt eyes on him because of the fact that his presence stood out, and if it wasn't for the coach that blew his whistle and yelled at the team to continue on, Baekhyun would have continued on being the center of attention.

Quietly, he stepped onto the bleachers and sat three rows in. No one came around to ask him if he had any business there because the brunet had put on an aura that told everybody that he didn't wish to be bothered by anyone at all except for the giant who didn't care whether or not Baekhyun appreciated his company. Occupying himself with music and online articles, time passed until the basketball team was given a short break.

The first person to approach him was his date, the captain of the team, Kris Wu, but Baekhyun ignored his questions, pretending as though he didn't hear any of it as he took his ear buds out and began putting it all away. Baekhyun knew that the guy was only attempting to be friendly, but he entered the establishment with an objective, and unfortunately for Kris, he was not part of it.

When the captain tried to approach him once again, the giant who Baekhyun was waiting for came around and tried to jokingly brush his friend off. Once his attempts failed to subtly hint to Kris that he was not wanted, Chanyeol plastered a smile on his face before grabbing Baekhyun by the arm and gently guiding him down the bleachers.

As the giant led him away to a place more secluded, Baekhyun looked back and saw Kris watching them with a questioning look on his face as they went. Then the brunet looked away, turning his thoughts from those who were watching and to the man gently holding onto his arm.

Once in seclusion behind the large bleacher structure, Chanyeol reluctantly let go and hurried to use the towel around his neck to wipe away the downpour of sweat all over his face. "Hold on, give me a minute," he said, subtly laughing out of embarrassment for appearing so wet compared to the perfect vixen in front of him. "This isn't exactly how I imagined looking like for the first time that you actually come and see me."

Giving the giant a small smile, Baekhyun watched his nervousness seep out of him like the sweat on his body. "How'd you imagine it to be like, then?" he asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know," Chanyeol replied, grinning sheepishly. "I think in my fantasies I looked more presentable and less like this."

"You've seen me with no makeup and with just as much sweat on my face that day at the market store," Baekhyun said as he shrugged. "I think it's already fair to say we've seen each other at our worst."

Shaking his head, Chanyeol hung the towel around his neck, but continued to hold on to both ends with his hands. "That wasn't your worst. That was your best. I mean, if my opinion means anything, which it should. If not, then it should start meaning something, at least."

Baekhyun snorted at the ramble of words and went quiet for a few seconds before he pursed his lips together again, chewing on the bottom. "Well, listen. First, I'm sorry for Kyungsoo's hostility towards you the other day. Don't take it to heart. He was upset."

Heaving his shoulders, Chanyeol nonchalantly shrugged. "That's okay. I'm assuming that that's how he is. Plus, he's your ex and your best friend, so I'm not expecting to be treated like an ally or anything—"

"Chanyeol."

"Hm?"

"You're taking it to heart."