I laughed a little and he smiled in victory. I had always laughed on every stupid joke myself. I understood his situation completely.

"So here we are." I spoke nervously once we reached the main gate of the school.

"Woah my Angry Bird is getting nervous? What should I do to calm her?" He pinched his bottom lip with his index finger and thumb and pretended to be in deep thoughts.

I looked everywhere around us, "Harry I think I'm getting late. Maybe I will find either Jasmine or Nan-" I felt something warm on my left cheek.

He ever so softly spoke into my ear, his deep voice surprisingly calming me, "See you Ciara. All the best. I have faith in you. I'll pick you up once your school gets over."

Reality, please tell me what was that?

Harry pecked you on your cheek.

Wow. His lips were so warm, so soft, I also felt his minty breath on my face but I was so damn busy ranting. How would his mouth taste like?

I think it had been 30 seconds since he had left. But the warmth of his lips was still burning my cheek. I was feeling those butterflies making their way back in my already spinning stomach. Harry didn't calm me, he forced me to think about him more.

***

"How was your exam?" After the school, once I got rid from the classes, I saw Harry in his morning clothes leaning against a tree trunk.

As sexy as hell. My hell.

"I don't know. I wrote whatever came in my mind. I mean, I have written everything but I don't expect anything." I spoke hurriedly.

He made a confused face. "Okay. We will wait."

"Harry? What's wrong? I'm sorry but I don't say anything before results." He looked tired, his eyes had certain dullness. This can't be because of me. There was some other reason to it, a reason to which I was never introduced to.

"It's fine. Let's go home." He rolled his eyes and started walking towards the direction where we didn't even have our house.

"Harry! You're going the wrong way."

He simply nodded and and turned again. I ran up to him.

Just like the morning time, I expected him to hold my hand which were buried deep into his pockets. No chance of touching him. "Harry tell me what's wrong? Please. I promise I won't judge you for that." I held his arm but he quickly recoiled from my touch.

"I'm saying it's nothing." He spoke dryly. He again became that expressionless boy whom I saw for the first time, and I had to admit, I didn't like this Harry. This scared me.

But still, I nodded, maybe he needed some space. But I won't give too much of that, I'm not used to it.

Our way back to home was in silence, neither he said anything nor did I try to strike any conversation. Just a strange silence between two best friends who had never been quiet around each other before.

Gosh, why was he so unreadable?

When we reached in front of his house, he didn't even acknowledge my presence just simply left. Left.

I couldn't ignore that churning feeling in my stomach seeing him ignoring me. I didn't feel ashamed of walking alone. I had done that plenty of times. The thing was, Harry still did not trust me. He was still afraid that I might deceive him.

I won't. I promise, I won't.

I wanted him to realise that. But, he won't even listen.

***

Back at home, all the assignments, all the tension of how my test had gone were left outside the moment I stepped in the house.

Should I call Harry?

No. I decided to give him space. So I will.

Did he think that I'm getting too clingy for him that he can't bear me anymore? Was I growing on him too much?

Shut up Ciara. You sound like a pregnant girlfriend. Just. Stop. Over-thinking.

***

Wednesday morning

I didn't feel the need to eat anything. I had lost my appetite.

I had felt like this before. When your best friend failed to share any information with you for some unknown reason, it hurt. Like a freaking bitch.

In the school, again those stupid studies were boring me to no extent. I wanted to kill every teacher in front of me with a pencil. I will try.

"Okay. One more second of silence and I will assume that Harry guy didn't give you his banana yesterday." Nancy spat.

I gave a lazy smile. "It's not like that Nancy I-I-just don't know. Maybe he's hiding something."

"Yes that he's gay."

I dramatically sighed, "Will you keep quiet for a second? I'm trying to think what happened wrong between us. I know I'm exaggerating it but I just can't hold it in." I slapped my hand over my forehead.

Nancy turned to look at me with furrowed brows, "Ciara, does he really mean something to you?" Nancy asked more serious than ever.

"He's someone that I can't resist." I summarised what I thought about him.

"Do you have feelings for him?" She placed a hand on my shoulder. Her hand weighted a ton. Just like her question.

"I don't know. But whatever I feel, I promised I'll tell it to him first." I sadly smiled at her.

"It's okay. Since we don't have any prick homework today, we'll take a walk in the park nearby. Shall we?" She smiled encouragingly.

One thing a person had to note, whenever Nancy was near to them, they always feel certain kind of positive energy around that kept them happy. So, I nodded.

In the park, kids were playing around happily, with a carefree attitude. Old people were taking a walk around devouring the sweet scent of afternoon grass. Believe me, grasses changed their smell too.

"So let's talk about all the possible shit in this world." My confidante spoke with a goofy grin on her face.

"So that means we're gonna talk naughty?" I playfully wriggled my eyebrows too.

"Hell yeah!"

We both started laughing already anticipating what we will talk about. Just then, my eyes spotted someone.

Someone with those familiar chocolate brown curls. Someone with those black outfit. Someone with that ever-lasting expressionless facade. Someone sitting alone on the farthest bench.
Someone I knew.

And that someone was Harry.

***

A/N

Please vote, comment and share this story with your other Directioner friends.

You definitely don't know how much you all make me smile throughout the day. X

Take care.

Until next time,
Much love,
Mohika Arya.