Unleashed

Chapter 5: Unleashed 

Thursday night 

I knocked on the black wooden door hoping he could hear me over his music blaring. Thankfully the did, because the seasons were changing and it was getting brisk outside. He opened the door with his unkempt wavy hair hanging down, he had his superman glasses on and he was wearing a basic black v-neck with grey sweatpants. I quietly gulped at the tall man standing before me and sarcastically said "You wanna stand out there all night? or do you wanna come inside where it's nice and toasty?" I quickly snapped out of it and said "Inside." He opened the door wider for me to walk in and I took my thigh boots off at the front door. He looked me up and down and quickly said "You are definitely not in painting clothes. Paint is messy and I don't think your long sleeve white blouse is going to cut it." I scoffed and said "Well what do you want me to do about it? I came straight from work." He rolled his eyes and said "I have some clothes that might work."  He walked up his stairs and disappeared into his room, which was mysterious to me for some reason.

He came back holding a pink v-neck in his hand and a pair of black pink yoga pants. I raised an eyebrow at him and joked "Now I hope that pink shirt isn't yours." He laughed and said "No, it isn't now go get changed." I grabbed the shirt and said "Okay okay i'm going. So demanding." He laughed and said "I am a pretentious artist remember?" He I quickly turned my back to him and walked to his bathroom. I changed into the clothes he gave me and I noticed something really odd, the clothes had a scent on them, it smelt like perfume. It smelt like freshly sprayed perfume. I decided to ignore that I smelt because it wasn't my business, and I am here only to see if we can finally get under the same page and I am also here to redeem myself. 

I came out the bathroom in the clothes and Parker's eyes had a glimmer of light in them, he smiled at me and said "The perfect fit, they fit you well." For a second, a split second I could swear he  couldn't take his eyes off of me, but I didn't know or understand why. Like I said, it was for a split second, Parker quickly walked over to his easel and chair and said "Have a seat and let's begin." He turned on his stereo again and played very relaxing zen music, I smiled and said "Do you meditate?" He nodded his head and said "Yes.. Normally I meditate before I paint, It was apart of a ritual I use to have." Me being the curious person I am, I asked "What started this ritual of yours." He looked down at the floor  and softly said "A friend." I nodded because I got the hint, he didn't want to tell me. I looked at my blank easel and said "We'll let's do your ritual, maybe it will inspire me to paint something." 

He sighed deeply and said "Fine." He grabbed my hand and for some explainable reason it sent a shock through my hand and it traveled down my spine. My eyes widen quickly but I made sure he couldn't see my reaction to his touch. He took me to his living room, where he had a white furry rug. He told me to lay on it, so I did hesitantly. He looked at me and as if he was reading my mind said to me "Be open minded. It won't work if you aren't." I nodded my head and he said "close your eyes and take deep breaths." So I followed his command, He then changed the music to something more tribal. He told me "Focus on the beats, hear each drum beat and count it in your head. Focus in on one beat and start to become it in you head. You are the one banging the drum. That is your only focus." As the songs beats increased and got faster I could feel myself becoming the beat, becoming apart of the music. I felt a certain vibrancy be released throughout me, like a burst of energy. I quickly opened my eyes and the song ended, I breathed in and out deeply and he helped me up from the floor. He looked into my deep brown eyes and asked "How was it?" I smiled and said "I felt like something inside me just unleashed. I can't describe it or explain it." He placed a finger across my lip to tell me to be quiet I looked down at his finger and he lead me to the easel, He whispered into my ear "Don't speak, just paint what you feel." He placed a hand brush in my hand and like it was my instinct I began to paint. 

* An hour later* 

I finished my painting and it was beautiful, it was filled with deep and vibrant colors. Purples, yellows, oranges an array of colors exploded on my canvas and became my own. I smiled in excitement of my work and Parker just finished his, but his was dark again. Dark colors that represented guilt, sorrow, and just darkness. I looked at his painting and blurted out without thinking "Who's the owner of these clothes?" He quickly turned to me with a stone cold face, if looks could kill I would be dead. He slammed his brush down and said "Why? Why do you have to kill everything? We take  a step forward and you force us backwards. This isn't going to work Avery, I tried tonight but you just keep proving me wrong. I shouldn't have trusted you, you can have Eva handle all of our dealings from this point on." And just like that our special moment was gone, the good evening we finally had quickly turned bad, all from me asking him one question. Why was he so defensive? It doesn't make sense.