The Contract

Chapter 2: The Contract 

Avery's POV

I released a deep sigh as I dragged my exhausted self into my office, you would think signing a contract would be easy and quick, but no. Not with Parker, he has sent me 4 revisions of the contract because he keeps signing his name then changing his mind last minute. And by last minute I mean at 2 am! Yes, he has been sending me revisions for four days which means I have spent ALL NIGHT remaking the damn contract just for him not to sign it. 

I was starting to gain permanent bags under my eyes making me look like a 40-year-old desperate housewife, without the husband part. I laid down on my couch in  my office and tried to take a five-minute nap before my day really started, but right as I closed my burning red eyes in came Parker. He slammed the door shut causing me to quickly open my eyes and jump off the couch, Parker let out a mischevious smirk and said, "You are a very dedicated woman, I thought you would have quitted after the second revision." I rolled my eyes and quickly snapped "I am no quitter, now are you ready to sign the damn contract." 

Parker handed me the contract with the final revisions, I quickly read through the new agreement and paused once I read a certain paragraph. I raised an eyebrow at him and questioned, "What is this whole paint session thing about?" Parker grabbed his chin and said "Oh that! Yeah I want you to be somewhat involved in my painting, I do this with everyone I work with. We have paint sessions so you can see how I work and be involved with the process. I don't just give my art to anyone and I need to know I can trust you with my work."  I bit my lip and argued, "But I don't paint, and I am not painter." He rolled his eyes and said "I finally signed the damn thing, let's not argue. Frankly, I am tired of you keeping me up having to sign and revise these damn contracts." My eyes widened in surprised and I said to myself "Is this guy serious? I am keeping him up? He's got to be joking, maybe if he wasn't such a picky prick we could have both saved each other days of stress and lack of sleep." But instead of saying all the things that came to mind, I simply just nodded my head and signed my signature on the final contract.  He smiled at me and said, "Nice working with you Avery, this is just the beginning." I let out a strained smiled and said "Yay. Can't wait." He slowly left and shut the door behind him, and the moment he left out of my office I rolled my eyes and took a drink of my coffee, but even I know after dealing with him what I really needed was a shot of Vodka. 

---

Eva walked in my office with an extra pep in her step, I looked up at her and said, "What's up with you today?" Eva smiled and said, "Nothing girl, I just have been having a really good week." I sighed depressingly and said, "Well at least one of us is." Eva sat down across from me and said, "What's wrong boo?" Once Eva asked me that, I instantly started to word vomit, I let everything I wanted to say to Parker out. 

After 30 minutes of pure complaining, Eva raised her finger up and said "Okay girl, I love you but I have heard enough. You know what it sounds like you need? A NIGHT OUT! We'll go to this new club and have a girls night with Elena and Jessie. Let's get a couple drinks and forget about this whole week!" I bit down on my lower lip and shrugged, Eva hit my arm and said "That's it, you have no choice you are coming with us to Club La Boom. Go home, shower please and thank you, and get ready. Tonight we are going to let loose."