Subaru saw that Okabe wasn't moving, "Unless what?"

Okabe quickly turned his back to Subaru and took out his phone. Putting it to his ear, he began to speak fast and frantically, "Code red! I repeat, code red! The organization has somehow infiltrated the lab. Missing equipment has been noticed. Initiate Operation Heimda-... What do you mean nothing unusual?...Well you obviously aren't doing a very good jo-." Okabe looked at his phone in shock, "How dare he hang up on Hououin Kyouma! I'll have his head!"

Subaru just watched as Okabe placed the phone back into his pocket. "Who was that?"

Okabe ran a hand through his hair, "An elite group of assassins that protect me from a secret organization. The organization is hell bent on getting rid of me, my intellect is too much for them to accept." Okabe spread his arms out and yelled to the ceiling, "The intellect of a mad scientist! Hahahaha hahahaha!"

He's gone mad. While Okabe was laughing, Subaru showed himself to the shelves. On the shelves there was an assortment of sci-fi looking gadgets. One such gadget looked like a microwave that was beefed up with attachments.

"What's this do?" Subaru interrupted Okabe's laughter to point out the microwave.

Once again using his dramatic gestures, Okabe explained by spreading his arms towards the microwave, "That, my dear Subaru, is a TIME MACHINE! One capable of destroying our understanding of time and how it flows! Capable of changing the outcome of anything and everything. There is nothing you can't change Subaru, nothing!"

Subaru poked the microwave, "Sooooooo does it work?"

Okabe's arms dropped to his sides, "Well, no. I had to stop its completion due to some......unforeseen consequences."

Subaru opened the microwave door, "What does that mean?"

"It means don't touch it." Okabe slapped Subaru's hand away from the microwave. "We must keep our heads together if we want to return to Kararagi."

"I'm all ears, Okabe."

Okabe grimaced, "It's Hououin Kyouma, but no matter." He rose a fist into the air, "Back onto my explanation of my triumph! When I had recreated the metia in this world, I had made my original design. This took me years to do! I stayed in solitude, building my portal, waiting for my detector to give word of another metia's arrival within Japan." Okabe went up to a metal table and put his hands on it. "After a year, you showed up, a tiny blip in the detector indicated you were nearby. It took me several days to be able to contact you, however."

Subaru spoke up, "Yeah, I was kinda in a coma."

Okabe cracked a smile, "Ha, heart attack I presume? I had one too when I first came back." Okabe stepped away from the table. "When I finally contacted you, it was blocked by an interference, the static. Of course, using my incredible mind, I hypothesized that during my absence it was likely that a new version of the metia was created. This would result in the need of a new operating system."

"Kinda losing me here." Subaru was starting to feel bored. He felt like he was wasting time listening to this weirdo, but Okabe pressed on, facing Subaru with a mad look in his eyes.

"But how was I to know the new operating system of the metia you had?"

"To be honest I kinda don't ca-."

"Well, I'll tell you! I adjusted the system of my metia to work as a gps. I tracked down your metia. I didn't go to you of course, I just read the signal patterns YOUR metia was giving off and matched them to MY metia. It was so simple I laughed." Okabe bent back his head to laugh to add to his words.