Michael

"Can you not just take me back?! I beg of you to accept me!" A man was yelling inside a world full of darkness, kneeling, with his head touching the floor. No one heard his pleas except for a woman who was watching him with bored eyes.

The man's eyes, on the other hand were wet with tears. In front of him, the woman looked on at the humiliated man, humiliated because of her rejection.

"You must understand that I no longer have the power to do so." The woman's sweet voice resonated throughout the entire room which had no ends, her beautiful looks stood out like a lightbulb in this dark world. "You must have faith in the knowledge that I granted you."

The man still had his head down, "Yes, I have not forgotten what you told me to do."

The woman walked up to the man and prompted him to get up on his feet. "Now, I hope you understand what you must do." Her sweet voice brought a smile to his face.

Still sniffling the man said, "Find him and make him finish the gateway."

"Yes, but do not use force. I want him back safe, then and only then will you be able to resurrect me." The woman caressed the man's face with her long fingers, pale and elegant.

"But Sa-." The man was cut off by a furious yell from the woman.

"DO NOT CALL ME BY HER NAME!" By an unknown force, the man was lifted into the air. Suspended there, he could do nothing but look into the woman's furious eyes. "SHE IS A FOOL WHO TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME!"

"I am s-sorry! Please, I would follow you to the ends of the world! Forgive me!" Fear showed clearly on his eyes, but inside he still held deep love for the supernatural woman in front of him. A second later he was released by being lowered to the floor. The look on the woman's face showed that she was annoyed.

"You are forgiven, but remember, if you fail to retrieve the girl in Lugnica I will have no power to bless you."

The man's eyes widened as if to beg for her to tell him that what she said was untrue. "Where...where do I find HIM?"

"In the place in which you call, Tokyo."

The man bowed to her, "Yes, I understand everything I must do now! Find HIM, finish the gateway, find the girl, and bring him to you when the ritual is complete."

The woman stepped close to the man until she was nose to nose with him. Her eyes were beautiful, shining a wonderful shade of purple.

The woman leaned to the side so she could whisper into his ear, "I knew I could trust my worthy followers." Then she pushed onto his chest, causing him to lose his balance and fall off an unseen cliff. Falling, the man reached out towards the woman, not yet ready to say goodbye.

In an instant, the man woke up with a start in his bed.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Night had fallen. The moon was high in the sky, shining brightly, illuminating Subaru's path as he ran to his destination.

Subaru had waited until he was sure his parents were asleep to exit the house. Outside the stars were visible brightly, shining across the sky. The city lights of Tokyo blocked out most of the stars in the distance, but Subaru still marveled at the sight of the twinkling lights.

One late night in Kararagi, Rem and Subaru had laid down a blanket outside their newly bought house to watch the stars. Rem had fallen asleep next to him so he took her back inside. Subaru wondered if Rem was looking at the same constellations.