Chapter: 9 Teasing and Helping

Chapter: 9

Ezio's POV: 

I went through town as I saw her poster up on the wall and I rip it down from the wall. I will help her become invisible to all of those guards that are hunting her. It's not fair for her to be hunted down when she doesn't have the proper training of defending herself. Serena is already injured, because of those archers. I look around some more finding another wanted poster with her face on it as I went over to it and rip it down. I wonder exactly why that hooded-man is after her and I know exactly who it is. A Templar probably working with the other Templars that are here.

What am I going to do about my other targets? I simply can't leave her alone right now and Leonardo will be busy deciphering the Codex pages. I guess my targets will have to wait for a little while longer until I can make sure Serena is heal completely. I'm still curious in her skills. She can climb very well a little clumsy here and there. Serena is very good with blending in the crowd to keep out of sight from the guards and other people. She knows how to get rid of people who are following her easily. I had lost her a couple of times myself when I was first tracking her down.    

I continued on with my search as I'm sure sooner or later, that everything will work out in the end. I can only hope for that and I shall make it happen. I continued down the road of Venice looking for some more of the wanted posters and keeping an eye out for more Codex Pages that are surely around here somewhere. 

*********************************************

Serena's POV: 

A sigh escape from me as I lay there facing the ceiling as I was completely bored out of my mind. Leonardo is doing something out in the main room while I'm stuck here and Ezio is out doing something. I want to be doing something! I hate being stuck here and not knowing what to do. My shoulder is injured, but I'm pretty sure I can still move about. They don't think so, but I know so. That's just me and my mind. I don't trust them still, but I will surely give them the chance to prove that I can trust them. 

I look around the room again mesmerizing all the shelves with objects on them as I look at the windows that were shrouded with curtains as I look over to the side to see the Inn table there. It had my stash on it with my daggers and my other items in it. They must have taken it off when I was sleeping or something. I look back over at the door to see it was slightly ajar, but I couldn't see anything through the small crack. When will I be able to move around again, I'm so completely bored with laying here with absolutely nothing to do. 

I wonder how Marsilia is doing...I'm sure she is worried about me. I'm hoping that her family will be safe and hopefully I hadn't cause her safety. I will never forgive myself if something had happen to her. I felt my eyes pricking with the tears as I close my eyelids to hold my tears at bay. I will not cry in front of them. I will not shred a single tear at all. I make myself look strong like every other woman should. I slowly open my eyes as the prick of tears went away. I let out a slow breath as I heard the front door open. 

Leonardo spoke up with a cheery tone "Ah, Ezio! Did you make progress?" 

"Yes...hopefully now, she will be under the Templar's radar" Ezio answered his friend. 

I look confusedly at the door as I heard them talking. What's a Templar? Is that what the hooded-man is? This strange Templar? What is a Templar? What is Ezio to be exactly and why did my mother defend me from that hood-man? Why did the Templar want me? I don't understand any of this! I let out  another sigh as there was a knock on the door as I look over to see Ezio popping in his head. "Hey...I'm surprised to see you awake. I thought you would have been sleeping" 

"I couldn't fall asleep..." I murmured as I look away. 

He walk in a little further as he took a seat on the edge of the bed as he look at me "I have gotten most of the wanted posters and so now you are under the radar. Those stupid guards won't be messing with you anytime soon" 

I felt warm for some reason as his words brought a sense of peace through me as I look over at him as I felt the corners of my mouth beginning to twitch and spread a smile across my lips. I look back over at Ezio "That was very kind of you to do that for me, Ezio"

He shrug as he had a smile on his face "It was no problem, it was the least that I could for you"

My cheeks burn as his words went through my mind as I said "You make it sound like it was just a normal thing to do."

Ezio shrugged again as he grin at me "What can I say? I love helping damsels in distress" 

"I could have handle myself..." I muttered feeling offense for some unknown reason.

"Right...and let you have all the fun. I think not..." He said with a teasing smile on his face.

I chuckle at him "Maybe you're right, Ezio"

"That's more like it..." He murmured as I look at him with a confused expression and was a little taken back from the expression on his face as he was looking at me with warmth in those dark brown eyes of his.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered a little feeling self-conscience all of a sudden. 

"I like to see you laughing instead of being gloomy. It suits you more, Serena" He smirk at me as he could see my cheeks bright red now. 

I kept quiet as I look away from him feeling my stomach fill with butterflies as I felt warmth flow through me. I didn't really know what to say to that and I knew he was waiting for me to say something. What can I say to that? I look over at him to see him grinning at me. I knew he caught me off guard as I clear my throat "I'm not gloomy..." 

"Are you sure about that, Serena?" He murmured with a raised eyebrow. 

I roll my eyes at him "Believe what you want, Ezio" 

"You know I will" Ezio said with a chuckle as he added "Get some rest, Serena. You need it after everything you had went through" 

"Okay, Ezio" I murmured as another smile form over my lips as he grin at me before getting up and walking out of the room with one last look at me. The door shut behind him with a click and I close my eyes feeling warm and a little safe if I do say so myself. 

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

I'm sorry for the super long wait, but I had major writer's block with this one and I couldn't decided to what happen next, but now I know! haha 

I hope you guys enjoy!

Thank you! :D